: Did I miss installing something?

icaddy
10-15-12, 11:49 AM
I have changed water pump and now am installing everything back. Just noticed that I may missed installing something as indicated in the picture (inside the red line). Anybody has idea about what is should be?

icaddy
10-15-12, 12:49 PM
please help. thanks

jnrsesv
10-15-12, 01:19 PM
You are NOT missing anything. I just looked at our '05 and its the same as you pictured.

icaddy
10-15-12, 01:20 PM
You are NOT missing anything. I just looked at our '05 and its the same as you pictured.

Really? Thank you so much~~~~~~

jnrsesv
10-15-12, 02:05 PM
Really! :)

I can't find my digital camera or I would post up a pic for you to see.

----------

BTW did you check out your AC serpentine belt and its tensioner while you were under the vehicle? Really easy to change out since you had the water pump and all out?

----------

Found my camera:

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy103/jnrkara/2005%20Escalade%20ESV/DSCN0870.jpg

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy103/jnrkara/2005%20Escalade%20ESV/DSCN0869.jpg

icaddy
10-15-12, 02:53 PM
I did change AC belt and drive belt, but did not change the tensioner. It looks ok to me. Do you suggest to change it any way? My truck has over 140 k miles on it.

the cadillac man
10-15-12, 03:01 PM
I did change AC belt and drive belt, but did not change the tensioner. It looks ok to me. Do you suggest to change it any way? My truck has over 140 k miles on it.

I suggest you change it as mine is whining (needs replacing) and my truck has over 150,000 miles if you don't you will end up replacing the belt along with the tensioner due to the wear of the belt.

icaddy
10-15-12, 10:09 PM
I suggest you change it as mine is whining (needs replacing) and my truck has over 150,000 miles if you don't you will end up replacing the belt along with the tensioner due to the wear of the belt.

Good suggestion. how about idler pulley and serpentine belt tensioner? Should I change together?

Thanks

the cadillac man
10-15-12, 10:26 PM
Good suggestion. how about idler pulley and serpentine belt tensioner? Should I change together?

Thanks

It may be best as the pulley can wear the belt out if it's bad(I know my ac belt is shiny because if it)

jnrsesv
10-15-12, 10:36 PM
icaddy, our ESV had just shy of 160,000 when the original water pump started to fail. I am a preventative maintenance kind of guy. Since I was in there already, I replaced the water pump, thermostat, idler pulley and the main tensioner. My main belt was replaced at 100k and still looks like new so I will wait another 40k before replacing.

On the AC belt and its tensioner, basically I didn't know that the AC compressor was on a seperate belt system until I got under the vehicle and looked around. Again I was in there already, the parts were relatively inexpensive and we drive the vehicle long distances (obviously) wiith 3 young children. Again preventative maintenance, I just don't want any surprises while we are on the road.

**Edit** Just to add if some else comes across this thread down the road. My AC compressor belt looked original and it was cracked and looked pretty dried out. I am very surprised that the dealer at the 100k maintenance schedule did not replace that belt at the same time as the main serpentine.

Since you have buttoned up your water pump replacement I wouldn't worry about it until maybe next oil change or two.

icaddy
10-18-12, 08:56 AM
Followed you guys' suggestion, I just changed idler pulley, drive belt tensioner, AC belt tensioner, but forgot to change thermostat... will change it maybe next year.

So far I have changed the following things:

1. timing chain, crankshaft gear, camshaft gear
2. oil pump (due to broken thread)
3. oil pump screen
4. balancer
5. drive belt, drive belt tensioner, idler pulley, AC belt, ac belt tensioner
6. spark plugs and wires
7. water pump
8. rear air shock absorber, air compressor (service ride control code on)
9. front differential fluid, coolant, engine oil (will change rear differential fluid and transfer case fluid later).
10. air filter and cleaned throttle body

There may be other parts which missed in the list but those are major works I have done... Man, it took me one month. Now I am ready to wash and shine it.