: New to the site, given an Escalade with a few issues.

DIDZ
10-15-12, 10:04 AM
Hey guys,

I am new to the site, and just wanted to say hi.

I have recently been handed down a 2005 Escalade 6.0. My sister bought a 2012 Escalade and she was kind enough to give give me her old ride. Although the car has been dealer maintained its entire life the bills are starting to stack up ridiculously. 2 months ago they quoted me $1,459 for a water pump, belt, idler and tensioner pulley change. I drove to Saudi and bought the parts for $345 and invested 3 hours of my time and it is as good as new. However I have a couple of problems i need to deal with an i would appreciate the help.

1) The drivers side window is slow and the passenger window is even slower
2) The rear passenger window just dropped while i was lowering it and it wont close now (it's being held up with wedges)
3) Whenever I got to the gas station to fill up the car the pump will stop like 20 times before it's full or spew out some gas.
4) Speedometer doesnt work and if it does apparently I am doing more than 240km/h while in park!

My other ride is a 2001 Camaro and I love it to death so my sister giving me this will help me keep the mileage down on it.

Thanks in Advance guys.

BDuncan
10-15-12, 11:22 AM
For the slow windows, spray some silicone lube on the window channels. My drivers side gets slow at times and the solicone cures it.
Rear window is off the regulator track or motor gear is off etc. - pull the door panel off and see what's going on - should be easy to fix.
Make sure gas filler neck has vent space around gas station filler tube - sounds like it is not venting and causing back up. Also look inside of filler neck for any obstruction - there is a rubber connector to the tank.
Replacenent speedos are available online from several companies.

the cadillac man
10-15-12, 12:34 PM
Hey guys,

I am new to the site, and just wanted to say hi.

I have recently been handed down a 2005 Escalade 6.0. My sister bought a 2012 Escalade and she was kind enough to give give me her old ride. Although the car has been dealer maintained its entire life the bills are starting to stack up ridiculously. 2 months ago they quoted me $1,459 for a water pump, belt, idler and tensioner pulley change. I drove to Saudi and bought the parts for $345 and invested 3 hours of my time and it is as good as new. However I have a couple of problems i need to deal with an i would appreciate the help.

1) The drivers side window is slow and the passenger window is even slower
2) The rear passenger window just dropped while i was lowering it and it wont close now (it's being held up with wedges)
3) Whenever I got to the gas station to fill up the car the pump will stop like 20 times before it's full or spew out some gas.
4) Speedometer doesnt work and if it does apparently I am doing more than 240km/h while in park!

My other ride is a 2001 Camaro and I love it to death so my sister giving me this will help me keep the mileage down on it.

Thanks in Advance guys.

1 front windows sounds like the motor need replacing(might want to replace the regulated as well)
2 the window is held by the regulator via a clamp style holder(if the window sticks it will get pulled out)
3 sounds like a venting issue if it do this on multiple pumps then I suggest having it checked
4depending on the mileage there is a tsb on this (not sure of the number) but if you feel like it the stepper motors in the cluster can be replaced but if you don't there is a guy on eBay who does this(not sure on which one)

smelly$cat
10-15-12, 02:02 PM
for the speedo repair.... dub dub dub . speedometerrepairguy . com

Has fixed 2 of mine (caddy and suburban). You send to him, he fixes and sends back to you. Takes about 10 days round trip. Should be less than 100.00.

If you search ebay for GM cluster repair, his handle is digitalguy or something like that.

jnrsesv
10-15-12, 02:27 PM
The OP states that he is in the Persian Gulf.

To the OP, everything you listed is pretty much common failures to these vehicles. All your Eskies ailments are pretty easy DIYs. I also have pics of all of them, even soddering in the new stepper motor that you need to fix the speedo. Again if you have basic tools you can fix everything relatively cheap.

Good luck

DIDZ
10-18-12, 08:56 AM
Thanks guys, you've been a real help.

I went down to the dealer the day I posted and got a quote for the parts I need and damn!! For a country with no taxes we sure are expensive!! I got quoted $1089 for the following

1) Drivers side window regulator and motor
2) Passenger side window regulator and motor
3)Rear passenger side window regulator and motor
4) EVAP solenoid

So I am off to Saudi on Saturday to pick up the parts I need and pick up some other stuff. I managed to smash the passenger side mirror reversing out of a tight spot last night.

jnrsesv
10-18-12, 10:21 AM
Bummer that there aren't any Auto Zones over there....

For your mirror try these guys, I don't know if the will ship to Bahrain though:

https://www.muthco.com/products/vehicles/?make=Cadillac&model=Escalade+SUV&submit=Search

kestrel403
10-19-12, 01:55 PM
Car-part.com for used parts. Got a mirror for 35.00