: Adding TPMS to 2003 Escalade?

Black88GTA
10-15-12, 03:42 AM
Is it possible / difficult to add TPMS to a truck that originally did not come with it? If so, what parts are necessary? I am looking at picking up a set of OEM 17" wheels to put on my 2003. The wheels are off of an '05 (I think) and already have TPMS sensors installed. I figured I may as well add TPMS if all I needed on top of that was a module I could just plug in or something. I know I'll probably have to have the dealer "turn on" the TPMS with a Tech-2 if this is possible at all. I searched but only found a couple threads from a few years ago with no real information in them.

Basically I'm looking for information on what parts compose the TPMS system, where they all plug in, and whether my truck already has the necessary wiring in it. I know sometimes the manufacturers design the harnesses to be modular, in that they put the same harness in everything and just leave plugs blank for options the vehicle doesn't have. Kind of hoping it's something like that. Ideally, I'd like to be able to just find a module out of an '05 - 06, plug it in, and code the computer in the truck to recognize it, although I don't know if it's that simple.

TIA for any help / insight!

wesyder
10-15-12, 08:55 AM
Is it possible / difficult to add TPMS to a truck that originally did not come with it? If so, what parts are necessary? I am looking at picking up a set of OEM 17" wheels to put on my 2003. The wheels are off of an '05 (I think) and already have TPMS sensors installed. I figured I may as well add TPMS if all I needed on top of that was a module I could just plug in or something. I know I'll probably have to have the dealer "turn on" the TPMS with a Tech-2 if this is possible at all. I searched but only found a couple threads from a few years ago with no real information in them.

Basically I'm looking for information on what parts compose the TPMS system, where they all plug in, and whether my truck already has the necessary wiring in it. I know sometimes the manufacturers design the harnesses to be modular, in that they put the same harness in everything and just leave plugs blank for options the vehicle doesn't have. Kind of hoping it's something like that. Ideally, I'd like to be able to just find a module out of an '05 - 06, plug it in, and code the computer in the truck to recognize it, although I don't know if it's that simple.

TIA for any help / insight!

There are aftermarket tpms kits available, thats probably gonna be the easiest and less stressed way to go about it

Black88GTA
10-15-12, 10:12 AM
There are aftermarket tpms kits available, thats probably gonna be the easiest and less stressed way to go about it

I know these exist, but I'd like to stay away from aftermarket stuff if possible. I'd like to go with an OEM type setup if I can do so without tons of work.

the cadillac man
10-15-12, 12:26 PM
I know these exist, but I'd like to stay away from aftermarket stuff if possible. I'd like to go with an OEM type setup if I can do so without tons of work.

The tpms wasn't added till 04 you won't be able to have it factory I know as I have a 03 and would prefer not to have the tpms(it don't use the tire psi rating) if you are dead set on having the system then you will have to go aftermarket.