: Never owned an Escalade but my wife really wants one.

hessman222
10-15-12, 12:30 AM
Wanted some advice from some of you who have been lifetime Escalade owners. My wife has found some really nice 07 and 08's on the internet in the 20k to 23k range with high miles 110,000 to 140,000. From reading most of the posts on here i have not seen many problems at all with the Escalades from those years just wanted some feed back from yall. I own an 04 F-250 with the 6.0 and that thing has been a nightmare just go on any F-250 forum and read all the horror stories. Thank you for your time and i hope to own one of these great looking vehicles in the near future.

hcvone
10-15-12, 07:28 AM
Welcome to the forum, I have had a dozen Escalade's over the past 10 years, been pleased, they have gotten much better over the years. The thing you have to watch with any 4/all wheel drive truck is the diffs, most Escalade owners do ZERO maintenance and this causes the diffs to fail. You can get the dealer to lookup records of the truck, but that will only help if a dealership did the work.

Redpost
10-16-12, 09:01 PM
I've owned several EXTs since 2003. All have been good trucks, and I do use mine as a truck. You won't be disappointed if you are able to find one that has been well-maintained, and I would suggest trying to find one with lower mileage. The more complex suspension systems might require servicing or replacement of expensive shocks or sensors on very high mileage trucks. Otherwise the mechanical systems are similar to and as durable as other GM half-ton trucks.

The technology of the early generation (2002-2006) trucks may be dated but they are well-appointed. The 2007 and later trucks, especially those built in 2010 and later, have even more improvements.

Rustico
10-17-12, 01:29 AM
I bought a 2007 with high miles in the price range you mentioned. I spent $5k repairing it with new transmission, major tune up, tires, new front bumper, a lot of new parts. I didn't mind because this is a beautiful comfortable truck that I LOVE getting into in the morning to drive to work. I have driven it 13k miles in 6 months and I have loved it. The real problem is if you buy it and then get a light show (traction control, service stabilitrack) that is the worst type of problem because then the dealer will throw your money at the problem then don't even know what to do. That's why I changed my transmission. But then you drive the truck and wow it is LUXURY and comfort and a beauty. Honestly like any other luxury car or truck things will go wrong and it's not cheap. At least these are AC DELCO parts and you can find them cheap.

I can't tell you how many times (about 2 times) I've gone somewhere and someone has told me "Man I thought Obama was pulling up when I saw you in that ESCALADE".

anhandrew
10-17-12, 10:24 AM
I would mention just find one that you feel comfortable with. I say this because i bought one for really cheap also. But then I spent the money on toys....Updated leather seats,carpet, headliner, Headrest monitors, speakers and sub, platinum wheels and just the other day lowered it 2" in the back(have to go back and take out one of the spacers to even out the gm lean or add another spacer to the side that is lower) and all of the services(oils and fluids) so now it's like new again. These cars for the most part are sound. The power train are strong as long as it has been taken care of.

With that many miles I would ask what services have been done and make sure you can verify that it has been done. And if it has not been done recently put it on a schedule to get them all done.

All I can tell you is that my family and I all drive GM trucks. The miles range from 50K to 150K other then the recently bought esv that i modified, all of the other ones stay stock and have been great vehicles.

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-17-12, 01:30 PM
Wanted some advice from some of you who have been lifetime Escalade owners. My wife has found some really nice 07 and 08's on the internet in the 20k to 23k range with high miles 110,000 to 140,000. From reading most of the posts on here i have not seen many problems at all with the Escalades from those years just wanted some feed back from yall. I own an 04 F-250 with the 6.0 and that thing has been a nightmare just go on any F-250 forum and read all the horror stories. Thank you for your time and i hope to own one of these great looking vehicles in the near future.

Hessman222, I hope the owner feedback so far has been helpful! I'm pleased you're considering an Escalade, and if you or your wife have any questions while you search please let me know and I can research for you. (For instance, I can provide warranty information and a full build code list if you send me the last eight of an Escalade's VIN.) Email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Welcome to the forum,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

EL EL Eye
12-14-12, 01:15 AM
I can't tell you how many times (about 2 times) I've gone somewhere and someone has told me "Man I thought Obama was pulling up when I saw you in that ESCALADE".

I love that reaction. I'm looking to purchase an '09 ESV Platinum very soon. Let's see if I get that reaction.

tony abbott
12-14-12, 07:32 AM
Welcome to the forum - lots of experienced members here.For my part I owned a 2006 Escalade SUV style that I put 120,000 kilometers on with no issues other than a grounded out wire in the stereo system that cost a couple hundred to repair.
I then traded that on a factory order 2011 EXT that I now have 33,000 kilometers on with no issues at all. I have towed heavy trailers and boats with both vehicles and I drive fairly quickly over mountain passes, sometimes in heavy snow - again no issues and really enjoyed/enjoying both vehicles. Dealers have been very good for routine maintenance.

TAM79
12-14-12, 06:54 PM
Hessman222, I say welcome to the family, I own a 2007 EXT and I simply love it. I purchased mine in 2007 with 10,000 miles and now I have 146,000 and enjoyed every last one of them. I do agree that proper maintenance is key to enjoying any vehicle so be very cautious while choosing. I live in Texas and I've been to the east coast and out west about 5 to 6 times and even to New York and it simply rode like a dream, fuel mileage wasn't all that bad either. The vehicle has an awesome ride with awesome power, this EXT is a beast!

bigtone1013
12-17-12, 06:20 PM
Bought a 07 oct 2011 and absolutely love it the only problems I had was the front calipers were seizing up but the dealer fixed it no charge and the right front rim was letting air escape once again dealer fixed no charge.