: electric question.

drgracedad
10-15-12, 12:21 AM
Ok so my 2000 Esclade started the radio going off and lose the wipers and the windows. Anyone out there know what the hell or what to check and start with ??? PLEASE HELP

the cadillac man
10-15-12, 01:19 AM
Ok so my 2000 Esclade started the radio going off and lose the wipers and the windows. Anyone out there know what the hell or what to check and start with ??? PLEASE HELP

There is only one module that works all of the stuff in the truck and it is called the truck body module it sounds like it is failing you need to get it replaced before your only way home is a tow truck (I know how that feels and it ain't fun)

Tommy77maroon
10-15-12, 10:08 PM
Yes I had the same thing happen to me. Its the BCM or Body Control Module. I bought a new one from rock auto. com for 225 and paid someone to put it in because its not easy to get two. Your whole bose system has to come out.

the cadillac man
10-15-12, 10:43 PM
Yes I had the same thing happen to me. Its the BCM or Body Control Module. I bought a new one from rock auto. com for 225 and paid someone to put it in because its not easy to get two. Your whole bose system has to come out.

The bcm is called a tcm or truck body module and no it has nothing with your opinion of the Bose system.

pajeff10
10-15-12, 10:50 PM
The BCM's in some GM vehicles had bad solder joints. By way of example, 4th gen F-bodies are notorious for this issue. Usually, you can remove the box and re-solder the connections on the board. A quick Google search should provide you with a tutorial and pics.

the cadillac man
10-15-12, 11:05 PM
Also the bcm or tbc is vin encoded so it will need programming.