: Engine Sounds in 04 XLR

Karim Mowatt
10-14-12, 10:07 PM
I'm hearing loud screaming kind of sounds coming from my engine, (i believe around the area of the belts) but it only
happens after the car has been running for about a hr. Sometimes it goes away while i'm driving then eventually it gets
louder as i continue to drive. I usually park it, then the nx day its back to normal until another hr or 2 it comes back.
I need help to know what exactly this is.
Thanx

Johnxlrv
10-18-12, 08:42 AM
I'm hearing loud screaming kind of sounds coming from my engine, (i believe around the area of the belts) but it only
happens after the car has been running for about a hr. Sometimes it goes away while i'm driving then eventually it gets
louder as i continue to drive. I usually park it, then the nx day its back to normal until another hr or 2 it comes back.
I need help to know what exactly this is.
Thanx

Miles on car?

Could be alternator bearings or other pulley bearings...if pads are really worn, you would get something like that while moving. So, after this hour, the noise is there when parked with the engine running? Does the noise change if you slightly rev the engine? Turn climate control off to ensure it is not associated with that.

But, bottom line is to get a certified tech involved...good luck!

Karim Mowatt
10-26-12, 09:32 PM
Its 40,000 miles on the car.
Yes the noise continues when i'm parked with the engine running. Lastly i cut the car off for 10 min. and it stopped but returned in about 45 min.
It doesn't change when i rev the engine either, when it comes its constant but gradually gets louder.
I'll turn off the climate control and check.
I will get a tech tomorrow.

Thank you.

RADARB8
12-09-12, 01:41 AM
Well what was it...the water pump??:alchi: