: remove headlamps? 2000

h0und10
10-13-12, 09:47 PM
Can I take just the lens off of my headlamps? 2000 escalade. any good write ups or how to's of how to dissemble these headlamps?

the cadillac man
10-13-12, 10:04 PM
Can I take just the lens off of my headlamps? 2000 escalade. any good write ups or how to's of how to dissemble these headlamps?

It requires using a oven why do you want to remove the lens?

Or are you talking about removing them from the truck?

h0und10
10-13-12, 10:28 PM
Removing the lens to clean the inside.. i see on aftermarket oe replacements it looks like they have clips that separate the lens part from the backing assembly. Just wondering if factory ones were the same.. guess not..

the cadillac man
10-13-12, 10:41 PM
Removing the lens to clean the inside.. i see on aftermarket oe replacements it looks like they have clips that separate the lens part from the backing assembly. Just wondering if factory ones were the same.. guess not..

You don't have to remove the lens to clean them on the inside at least if it is a bit of haze at the top near the drl
I just removed the cap on the back pulled the drl lamp out poured a bit of water sloshed it around and it cleared it up
Ps no headlight or taillight housing is clipped together most are ultrasonically attached(not sure what its called) and the only way of separating the front and back is heat.