Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Door and door frame gaskets

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  MoistCabbage 
#1 ·
Im noticing some wind noise around the doors, my caddy isnt as quiet as a caddy should be. Now I know the tires are kinda noisy from previous posts but does anyone have a way to restore the rubber gaskets around the door frame and door body frame. And maybe someone could give me a ballpark figure or a link to buying the gaskets and such. Thanks for your help in advance. By the way using Lucas fuel inj cleaner Im getting a combined 18.5 to 20 mpg city and highway. I love this car.

#3 ·
The Lucas? Don't bother.

Want to keep your fuel system at its cleanest? Switch to a top tier fuel (Google it), and/or pour a 20 ounce bottle of Chevron Techron into the tank every 3K-5K miles. Techron is a component of top tier fuel, and the only fuel system cleaner endorsed/recommended by automobile manufacturers (including GM).

#5 ·
You can MAINTAIN weather stripping, by wiping it down with silicone spray every 3-6 months or so. If it's already deteriorated/damaged, you'll need to replace it. Get in touch with Chris at Rippy Cadillac (see list of vendors at the top right of the page). He offers discounts to forum members.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.