: 2007 Escalade CPO Warranty expiring in 2 weeks - need advice

timetofly
10-13-12, 02:29 PM
I have a 2007 maxed out Escalade that I purchased the extended GM CPO warranty on. It expires in 2 weeks!

The vehicle is in mint shape with 37k miles and the only problem I have had so far was the alternator (replaced no charge).

I contacted the dealer and was told that they would extend it bumper to bumper for 3 years for 6500 or 3 years for 3500 without navigation or sunroof protection. 6500?? Seems high to me for sure. It seems that GM would no longer be covering it but an outside company but they were not clear on that and I told him I would research the matter.

Can I get it through GM or do I need to go with an outside company? Any suggestions on price or a good warranty company to contact?
I like to have the security (especially with GM products) of having a warranty in case something major (knock on wood) goes wrong but 6500?? Come on man!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hcvone
10-13-12, 04:52 PM
I have a 2007 maxed out Escalade that I purchased the extended GM CPO warranty on. It expires in 2 weeks!

The vehicle is in mint shape with 37k miles and the only problem I have had so far was the alternator (replaced no charge).

I contacted the dealer and was told that they would extend it bumper to bumper for 3 years for 6500 or 3 years for 3500 without navigation or sunroof protection. 6500?? Seems high to me for sure. It seems that GM would no longer be covering it but an outside company but they were not clear on that and I told him I would research the matter.

Can I get it through GM or do I need to go with an outside company? Any suggestions on price or a good warranty company to contact?
I like to have the security (especially with GM products) of having a warranty in case something major (knock on wood) goes wrong but 6500?? Come on man!!

If is was me I would forget the warranty, but if you want security take the $6500 and put it in the bank to use as your warranty repair fund, if you don't use all the money, and I would bet you will not, you are a head of the game. Have you changed the diff fluids? Trans and transfer case fluid? Even the coolant because of the age, these are all things that would give me more security than any warranty. :)

Ghost Deany
10-13-12, 05:23 PM
I wouldnt get the warranty, is the truck paid off? I had a extended warranty on my old CTS that i used 1 time for a tie rod. Its just a insurance policy to me. I do alot of my own work so i tend to pass on the extended warrantys.

lee88
10-13-12, 05:36 PM
Def don't get the extended warranty. You are way better putting that money in the bank. Even if something major were to happen tht would more then likely cover it.

Poncherello
10-13-12, 05:43 PM
I don't opt for any of those plans, they're nothing more than prepaid service plans.

zam2000
10-15-12, 01:12 PM
My CPO warranty expired in August this year. In May, I purchase an extended warranty (autoPOM), which is underwritten by Mercury. Car has 48K mile back then, and 52K mile now. I paid $3K for it, zero deductible. Additional 4 years - up to 100K miles. Cover everything, except body trim.

Last week, while I was on the freeway, all of sudden, I got all sort of warning message (stabilitrak, traction, check engine), the dash broad lid up like Disneyland, and car lost most of power.

Drop the car at the dealer, and pick up two days later. They fixed the problem (some valve control in the transmission) & steering sensor went bad. $2K repair bill. My cost ? zero.

During the repair, the (Cadillac) dealer found lot of junk in transmission oil pan, so they performed full service. Lucky that it was caught, I was told had the transmission go out, it would be $4-5K of repair.

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-16-12, 09:39 AM
Good morning timetofly!

I only post this for the sake of sharing information and not to push anything on you. GM does offer General Motors Protection Plans, which are service contracts that cover different components of the vehicle. Our most comprehensive is Major Guard, which covers almost all vehicle components, followed by Value Guard, and then Basic Guard. For more information on these different options available through GM, visit http://www.gmprotectionplanonline.com/

All the best,
Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service