: Turn Signal Mirror - Disconnected

John P
10-13-12, 03:16 PM
Hi guys,

Looking for another wee help here.

Iv got a 2004 Escalade that i bought in London, But due to the laws in England and Scotland the turn signals disconnected on the mirrrors for the test required to be road legal. (the arrows on the mirror glass.)

Many cars still have them and the Police dont really bother with things like this so it was purely for getting the vehicle the relevant papers.

Can anyone kindly point me in the right direction of where the areas these could have been disconnected, assuming that they havent just been chopped.

Where do they start, where do they finish, where could they have been disconnected?

Any help greatly appreciated folks.

Thanks
John

the cadillac man
10-13-12, 05:44 PM
Hi guys,

Looking for another wee help here.

Iv got a 2004 Escalade that i bought in London, But due to the laws in England and Scotland the turn signals disconnected on the mirrrors for the test required to be road legal. (the arrows on the mirror glass.)

Many cars still have them and the Police dont really bother with things like this so it was purely for getting the vehicle the relevant papers.

Can anyone kindly point me in the right direction of where the areas these could have been disconnected, assuming that they havent just been chopped.

Where do they start, where do they finish, where could they have been disconnected?

Any help greatly appreciated folks.

Thanks
John

I hope you don't mind removing the door panels as the mirrors are connected via harness to the door module on both front doors
In order to remove the panels
First remove the black trim piece at the top
Second remove the white trim piece around the chrome release handle
Third remove the lock slider(it is how you unlock and lock the doors without power locks)
Forth remove 2screws one behind the lock slider the other below the handle
Fifth lift the panel up and it should be free from the door (be careful of the light and the harnesses going to the door module
To install reverse these steps
I hope this helps
The wires that were cut should be obvious after you reconnect them I suggest covering them with electrical tape or something similar to prevent a short.

John P
10-13-12, 06:51 PM
Your some guy, Didn't know there was a module in there. Iv checked fuses incase they pulled them, took the glass off and checked they haven't been cut there but no luck so I'll take the panel off tomorrow and have a look.

Thanks again Cadillac Man, your always helpful.

the cadillac man
10-13-12, 09:10 PM
Your some guy, Didn't know there was a module in there. Iv checked fuses incase they pulled them, took the glass off and checked they haven't been cut there but no luck so I'll take the panel off tomorrow and have a look.

Thanks again Cadillac Man, your always helpful.

Glad to help.

bugger
10-15-12, 01:24 PM
You can also check out Muth Mirror System's website for instructions on the door panel and also the glass removal. https://www.muthco.com/products/vehicles/?make=Cadillac&model=Escalade+SUV&submit=Search It looks like there is a connector behind the glass for that arrow too...

jnrsesv
10-15-12, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the site!

To the OP the mirror (lens) "pops" off really easily with a screwdriver, I know I had to replace my drivers side mirror. I would check to see if its just unplugged behind the mirror lens.

Make sure you are ready when it releases from the mount! Don't want it to hit the floor.

John P
10-16-12, 03:06 PM
Just to update this for guys for the future.

Followed The Cadillac Mans steps and took the door off. Checked all the modules, checked the wiring to the harness etc, everything fine.

Checked the wires behind the mirror glass, All plugged in and secure.

Wasn't til I was putting it all back together in a bad mood that I noticed behind the black mirror bolts cover on the door, There was some electrical tape, took it off and noticed it a black/grey wire cut, used electrical connector and put it back together, perfect!

Thanks for the help folks and hope this helps others in the future.

the cadillac man
10-16-12, 06:59 PM
Just to update this for guys for the future.

Followed The Cadillac Mans steps and took the door off. Checked all the modules, checked the wiring to the harness etc, everything fine.

Checked the wires behind the mirror glass, All plugged in and secure.

Wasn't til I was putting it all back together in a bad mood that I noticed behind the black mirror bolts cover on the door, There was some electrical tape, took it off and noticed it a black/grey wire cut, used electrical connector and put it back together, perfect!

Thanks for the help folks and hope this helps others in the future.

I am glad to help.