: Dad

DouglasJRizzo
10-13-12, 08:29 AM
Members:

I lost my dad this week. Even at 91 he loved his Cads. Here he is at the Franklin Lakes Cadillac show two summers ago, by a gorgeous ebony '64 DeVille.
RIP dad.

Koooop
10-13-12, 09:15 AM
91 is just to young to go. Sorry for your loss.

talismandave
10-13-12, 10:17 AM
I am sorry to hear of your loss, he sounds like our kind of guy. I am glad and encouraged by the fact that he was able to be enthused and active in the love we all share all the way to the end. God bless and R.I.P.

MrHolland
10-13-12, 10:28 AM
My condolences to you and your family.

M5eater
10-13-12, 10:33 AM
The fullest life is the one you keep on living, right up to the end. Glad your Dad had the opportunity to be around you, around things you both love until it was over.

ThumperPup
10-13-12, 11:41 AM
my fullest condolences for your loose

77CDV
10-13-12, 12:41 PM
My deepest sympathy for your loss, Doug.

Ranger
10-13-12, 12:54 PM
My condolences on your loss Doug. I feel your pain.

orconn
10-13-12, 01:06 PM
Very sorry to hear of your loss, Doug. The good news is he had a very long life and you were able to enjoy his company for as long as you did.

My Dad and I shared a love of cars, and the last few months of his ife we worked on my Jaguar XK 150 together. At his memorial service several of his friends from work mentioned how he had talked about working on the car with me, and how happy it seemed to make him. I am very grateful for those last few months of time with him.

The-Dullahan
10-13-12, 01:39 PM
My full condolences to you and yours. I know what it is like to lose someone myself, as I have lost many. Most of my family, including my Father. Still, no one can truly know how you feel, but you have my sympathies and those of everyone here, I am sure. Sounds like he was a great man and though it may take a while and you will never really get used to him being gone, you'll look back happily at the things you had the opportunity to share with him.

CadillacLuke24
10-13-12, 05:03 PM
Rest in peace.

:tearflag:

Rolex
10-13-12, 08:24 PM
So sorry for your loss my friend. RIP to your dad.

ShapeShifter
10-14-12, 01:44 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. Want to express my deepest condolences to you and your family. Even at 91, it still seems too short. My blessings to all.

CadillacCastle
10-14-12, 08:36 PM
I am very sorry for the loss of your dad. He reminds me of my dad that is also 91 born in 1921 July20. My dad just went into a nursing home last week. Your dad was probably in WW2 like my dad. That generation has seen people go from horse and carraiges to Model Ts and to the moon. Your dad had a very long life compared to most people. You have to be very smart to live that long making a lot of good decisions. I think my dads long life because he walked 35 years as a postman. Your dad looks so much like my dad. May your dad rest in peace. God bless you.

brandondeleo
10-14-12, 08:38 PM
Very sad day. Man had phenomenal taste. My condolences. :(

DouglasJRizzo
10-15-12, 08:45 PM
Thank you!! Thank you all! Truly, I'm touched.
Dad lived in his own home, a house he built, save the last two weeks. He didn't retire until he was 88.
When he was 21, he took $500 - started a machine shop in his dads garage, and turned it into a $15mil a year empire.
He loved his Cads (Lincolns too, in fact) and that show was the last father/son activity we did - he was just out of interest after that.
Bye dad.

CadillacLuke24
10-16-12, 02:20 PM
Sounds like he left an excellent impression. We need more people like him.

DouglasJRizzo
10-17-12, 07:45 AM
Thank you Luke.

Dad served in the army in WWII. Combat engineer working with E.O.D. He then became a tremendous success in civilian life.

I promised him I wouldn't park him in a home, and I kept my promise. He was comfortable till the end.

ben.gators
10-17-12, 08:19 AM
Sorry for your loss, Doug. My condolences.

He didn't retire until he was 88.
When he was 21, he took $500 - started a machine shop in his dads garage, and turned it into a $15mil a year empire.

This is the kind of people we need more of! My hat is off to your dad!

Jesda
10-17-12, 11:23 AM
Thank you!! Thank you all! Truly, I'm touched.
Dad lived in his own home, a house he built, save the last two weeks. He didn't retire until he was 88.
He loved his Cads (Lincolns too, in fact) and that show was the last father/son activity we did - he was just out of interest after that.
Bye dad.

That sounds like one heck of a well-lived life. RIP

cadillac kevin
10-17-12, 12:04 PM
Sorry for the loss of your father Doug. RIP

CadillacLuke24
10-17-12, 03:56 PM
Thank you Luke.

Dad served in the army in WWII. Combat engineer working with E.O.D. He then became a tremendous success in civilian life.

I promised him I wouldn't park him in a home, and I kept my promise. He was comfortable till the end.

GOOD FOR YOU! I work in a nursing home, and although many of the people who are there try to keep an upbeat attitude, there's just a general feeling of impending doom. Kudos. That is awesome to hear.

We need more people like him. AND you.

Lord Cadillac
10-19-12, 05:20 PM
Wow. Your father sounded like an extraordinary guy... I'm sorry to hear he's no longer with us...

DouglasJRizzo
10-25-12, 11:31 PM
Thank you all so much! It means a lot to me.