: Scraped the side of my boyfriends truck!!

dominiqueclemons92
10-12-12, 02:45 PM
I scraped the side of my boyfriend Cadillac Escalade EXT 2003 truck against a wall in a parking garage the other day. Can anybody help me find an estimate on how much it is going to take to fix? i will most likely need a whole new left rear door and new left quarter panel and pearl white body paint on them both.

rfishoutofwater
10-12-12, 03:36 PM
I hate to say this but it's not going to be cheap. Especially the paint job. I'm sure someone else will chime in. Pics would be good too. Good luck

dominiqueclemons92
10-12-12, 03:46 PM

dominiqueclemons92
10-12-12, 03:48 PM
Idk if im going to need a new door or if they can just buff that out and repaint it.

the cadillac man
10-12-12, 04:23 PM
Idk if im going to need a new door or if they can just buff that out and repaint it.

They may be able to repaint the door but the body cladding will have to be replaced both on the door and the fender the shop will have to pull the cladding off to see if there is any more damage under there
Also it looks like the running board got damaged.
But don't feel too bad I had the same thing happen to my truck the body work didn't take long just the paint as the paint guy wanted to get just right so I know what your going through.

dominiqueclemons92
10-12-12, 04:29 PM
ugh. this sucks so bad. do you have an idea or can you give me an estimate on how much you think this will cost me?

MrHolland
10-12-12, 04:34 PM
Ouch!!! Does your boyfriend know??

dominiqueclemons92
10-12-12, 04:37 PM
yes i called him as soon as it happened :/ it was stuck against the wall and i didn't know how to get it out without causing even more damage so i just waited until he got there to move it.

----------

They may be able to repaint the door but the body cladding will have to be replaced both on the door and the fender the shop will have to pull the cladding off to see if there is any more damage under there
Also it looks like the running board got damaged.
But don't feel too bad I had the same thing happen to my truck the body work didn't take long just the paint as the paint guy wanted to get just right so I know what your going through.

do you have an idea or can you give me an estimate on how much you think this will cost me?

MrHolland
10-12-12, 05:20 PM
In what area or big city do you live??

dominiqueclemons92
10-12-12, 05:26 PM
Napa, CA

----------

[QUOTE=MrHolland;3113132]In what area or big city do you live??[/QUOTE

Napa, CA

MrHolland
10-12-12, 05:46 PM
Many nice show cars, hot-rods, lowriders, motorcycles and even bicycles come out of Ca -- meaning there are great body shops. Unfortunately I do not know any of them. We have a lounge section here in the forum, I would recommend creating a different thread in there and ask if anyone has any info on local body shops (Looking for a good body shop in XXXXX). Post a link to this thread in your new post. Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky.

TLMC
10-12-12, 09:18 PM
I own a shop in florida and what I see in the picture your at about 3.000.

the cadillac man
10-12-12, 09:23 PM
yes i called him as soon as it happened :/ it was stuck against the wall and i didn't know how to get it out without causing even more damage so i just waited until he got there to move it.

----------

do you have an idea or can you give me an estimate on how much you think this will cost me?

Mine costed me and my insurance 1000me(deducible) 2300 insurance give or take but I also had to get my rear bumper along with 2 park sensors replaced

the best thing I suggest is get a few quotes at different shops as some are good and honest some are not(if your wondering it wasn't me that did the damage my dad backed it into another truck and yes I was pissed but it is fixed now)