: Re: thinking of saying good bye

caddyfat2
10-12-12, 08:49 AM
Lately I have been very dissatified with my STS and have been thinking about getting rid of it. I have been looking at the 2012 SUZUKI KIZASHI SLS. It has everything my Caddy has except ACC and is very nice. I am on the fence at this moment but might pull the trigger. Any thoughts

Submariner409
10-12-12, 08:52 AM
Thoughts ??? It's your car, your money. If you're that unhappy with it, its performance or maintenance problems, unload it.

curtc
10-12-12, 08:53 AM
A Suzuki for a Caddy and you think they are comparable in some way?

I call TROLL.....

truckinman
10-12-12, 08:58 AM
Shouldn't this be in general discussion?

I'd never buy a Suzuki unless it only had 2 wheels. Notta fan of their 4 wheeled machines

----------

A Suzuki for a Caddy and you think they are comparable in some way?

I call TROLL.....

Exactly what I was thinking. Who can compare a Suzuki with a Cadillac? But I agree with Submariner too. It's his money. Whats it matter what anybody else thinks.

M5eater
10-12-12, 09:19 AM
Are you kidding me? a Kizashi?

With the Mazda 3, Ford Focus, Dodge Dart, the new Jetta and Cruze out there?

it's a decent looking thing, I'll give it that, but for a brand-new $20-30K car. It's horrible. In everyway imaginable. I'm shocked they even have the ballz to call it a sports sedan (4cylinder+ CVT+ AWD= lolwut?)

*maybe* if I were able to snag a used one after it's deprecated by 40% after 1 year of use, but then I'd always be worried about it being a freaking suziki. That would also only come to frutition if I was insanely high after passing up the before mentioned vehicles.

tomm
10-12-12, 11:28 AM
I Love my STS and its been paid off for a while. I have had zero serious issues and although I get the itch to buy a new car everything car I look it does not have all the features I love about my STS. I hate to give up everything that I love about my STS, ACC, HUD, Keyless Extry, Auto Windshield Wipers, Auto High Beams, Etc. This is the longest I have held on to a car. I dont know many other vehicles that compare.

Mrsanders3960
10-12-12, 12:42 PM
Dissatisfied with your STS? It would take a lot for me to leave my baby. You are not comparing apples to apples at all. And of all things a SUZUKI KIZASHI???? Isn't that a breakfast cereal?

curtc
10-12-12, 01:15 PM
Dissatisfied with your STS? It would take a lot for me to leave my baby. You are not comparing apples to apples at all. And of all things a SUZUKI KIZASHI???? Isn't that a breakfast cereal?

Hahaha!

caddyfat2
10-12-12, 04:26 PM
Being a Cadillac forum I understand the responses but I have had a lot of problems with my STS and maybe a change is needed and as said IT'S MY MONEY.

truckinman
10-12-12, 04:41 PM
Being a Cadillac forum I understand the responses but I have had a lot of problems with my STS and maybe a change is needed and as said IT'S MY MONEY.

One should ask ....if you knew what the responses were going to be, why'd ya ask? :scratching head:

aliskerov
10-12-12, 06:38 PM
despite all the things mentioned above - it's your decision. Judging by your previous answer you already have your mind made up, so I'd suggest going through with it. Looking at some pictures, I can see that there will be things you will probably miss about the STS, but then again - it has to do with you. I dont know you taste in cars, your driving style, the area you drive in or how much room/comfort/luxury you desire. I wouldn't trade my STS for anything less then an infiniti, BMW, or any car of similar dimensions/luxury/performance, but thats me. You have to decide what makes more sense for you; my only suggestion is that you go through with what makes you happy. Good luck

Charles Warren
10-12-12, 07:29 PM
http://www.chetanjadhav.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/maruti-suzuki-kizashi3.jpg

For this yeah but not the production model

mckellyb
10-12-12, 07:30 PM
I can't state confidently I would trade even a Craptera for any four-wheeled Suzuki.

I bought a new '99 Grand Vitara, and that trucklet was nothing but trouble. Four rear diff failures between 55K & 74K miles. No damage, though I'm not convinced the 'banjo' wasn't somehow tweaked either during shipping or manufacture.

I'm pleased with my '05 STS, though the interior is not up to the build/surface quality of either the '89 420 SEL or '95 E320 I've owned in the past few years.

Now, if you're looking for decent MPG, the STS isn't the automobile for you.

EChas3
10-12-12, 09:39 PM
I still love my STS. My previous (car) love was a '93 Roadmaster Limited (loaded) I bought new. To trade, I'd have to fall in love again. I fear it would be a 'trophy car' and VERY expensive.

I think I'll keep my STS a bit longer.

Opinions vary!

turnne
10-12-12, 10:41 PM
I can't state confidently I would trade even a Craptera for any four-wheeled Suzuki.

I'm pleased with my '05 STS, though the interior is not up to the build/surface quality of either the '89 420 SEL or '95 E320 I've owned in the past few years.

as I recall...as the time...the "Craptera" was the best driving car that Cadillac had in its line

In regard to build quality...the 05 STS is far below your older Mercedes...no surprises there. I actually owned both of those body styles...an 85 300SD and a 92 300D

The 05 STS is actually a lower build quality than the STS that preceded it it...though it does drive much better

Warren

Charles Warren
10-12-12, 10:42 PM
Funny how a 96 deville gets better mpg than a lighter and more geared car i know its bs on 5sp 6sp 8sp transmissions. And to be honest ill take sts if it got 8mpg over a Suzuki anyday . But i will admit that Suzuki looks better than any other Suzuki ive ever seen, i like them exhaust tips

turnne
10-12-12, 10:46 PM
I still love my STS. My previous (car) love was a '93 Roadmaster Limited (loaded) I bought new. To trade, I'd have to fall in love again. I fear it would be a 'trophy car' and VERY expensive.

I think I'll keep my STS a bit longer.

Opinions vary!

well since the era has ended with Cadillac V8 sedans...and IMO if it comes back it is years away

do you think they( GM) will market a new sedan( and engine) and have it depreciate the way the STS did?

IMO...they are not interested in that market...Its the new GM...if I were a betting man I doubt we will see any high priced/high depreciation cars in the near future...ie...STS,XLR

especially if they can market 4 and 6 cylinders and make a good $$

Warren

mckellyb
10-13-12, 01:02 AM
Warren, the Catera may have been the best handling car in the Cadillac fleet at that time, being a re-badged Opel, but I'd still pass.

STS (any generation) > DTS > HT4100 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance (I had an '85) > Catera > diesel Eldo or Seville > Cimarron = walking

Honestly, I wish they'd bring back the final-gen RWD Fleetwood Brougham. I really like the STS, but the Fleetwood definitely has a spot in my garage. I like land-yachts, and it certainly qualifies.

dkozloski
10-13-12, 02:44 AM
I think you'd be happier if you traded for a 1928 Oakland.

turnne
10-13-12, 09:16 AM
not entirely accurate

the 96 Deville is a less powerful car that has a much lower 0-60 than a V-8 STS...in fact I bet the latter 6 cylinder STS would outrun a 96 DTS 0-60

That wide ratio 4 speed they used for so many years had ratios that were too widely spread...it was good for cruising and it was reliable..but thats about it

Granted...no one was going to be racing a Deville.....turning radius, brakes and suspension was not even close to being capable

But more speeds in a tranny serve many purposes than just a possible mileage improvement

Warren

----------

Warren, the Catera may have been the best handling car in the Cadillac fleet at that time, being a re-badged Opel, but I'd still pass.

STS (any generation) > DTS > HT4100 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance (I had an '85) > Catera > diesel Eldo or Seville > Cimarron = walking

Honestly, I wish they'd bring back the final-gen RWD Fleetwood Brougham. I really like the STS, but the Fleetwood definitely has a spot in my garage. I like land-yachts, and it certainly qualifies.

True...the Catera had a bad reputation because of all of its electrical gremlins

Though I dont recall anyone making jokes about it from the way it drove....as I recall from driving one years ago...the car had some serious road chops and some good brakes on it to boot

In regard to the HT4100 engine.....that one has no great reputation...underpowered is word that comes to my mind

I am not a fan of those "Broughams"...too disconnected from the road and I dont feel safe in an aggressive driving maneuver

I bought an 83 Toronado( in 1986) years ago when I was 21

Classic GM luxury...but the car could not get out of its own way and spirited stopping and turning were something you just didnt do

In regard to those GM diesels....yes GM single handedly brought down the reputation of diesels to the public

Though Mercedes made a reputation with them during the same time..I owned 3 of them over the years....two of them 200K plus miles when I sold them and one with 190K when I sold it...and still easilly marketable and worth a few $$

The same remains today....find a mid to late 90's E class diesel with 150K and see how much its still worth

Then compare it with an STS of the same period with the same mileage...and see the difference in value

Warren

carter's_sts
10-13-12, 11:48 AM
The Catera had no business having a Cadillac badge on it because it's so dang ugly and plain looking. I still want to puke every time I see one.

burkewm
10-13-12, 12:29 PM
Its an 05 dude... 8 years old, gonna have problems no matter what the build. Buy a new car.

buzz
10-13-12, 11:05 PM
Back in the late '90s, GM had a relationship with Suzuki. They offered two different cars, originally bearing the GEO nameplate, and later the Chevrolet label. They were the Metro and the Trakker. The later Chevrolet Aveo was, I believe, a version of the Metro. I think there were some Pontiacs based upon these cars as well. These were dreadful cars. I can speak from experience as I purchased a used Trakker for my youngest daughter. It is your money; however, I think you are shopping at the wrong store.

caddyfat2
10-16-12, 07:12 PM
Well I didn't pull the trigger on the 2012 Kizashi SLS due to the dealer being super greedy. He only offered me $8,300 for my Caddy and wouldn't budge. My car is immaculate with only 82,300 miles and has every option offered. I just can't let my car go for that seeing kbb has it for $12,545, nada has it for $15,500 and the one the really counts, the black book has it for $12,200. I only wanted $11,000 but will take $10,500 but they cried like a baby......... so I'll pass on that one.

EChas3
10-16-12, 08:58 PM
$10,000 would be surprisingly generous from a dealer on a 8-year-old STS. If they gave you $12K you would have been happy for about 48 hours.

IMHO, they did you a favor.

caddyfat2
10-16-12, 09:22 PM
This is what could have been.
It is on autotrader if you want a look see.

Date saved:

Oct 12, 2012

2012 blue kizashi navi$20.991

Rename
Suzuki Kizashi Used

Color: Blue

Allan Vigil
Ford

Mileage
$20,991
View car details

buzz
10-16-12, 09:47 PM
If you don't want to go with another GM, and you want to purchase/lease new, why don't you consider a Ford Fusion. It's a great looking car, for a Ford, and they are very reliable (if you don't go for the complex and poorly rated My Ford Touch communication system). If the Fusion is too pricy for you, how about a Focus?

Sorry guys, I'll probably be asked to leave the forum after these comments; but, I did consider a used Lincoln MKS before I found the 2008 STS and I am not regretting my decision. At least with GM and Ford products, when purchasing new, the money stays in the USA.

tomm
10-17-12, 05:34 PM
$10,000 would be surprisingly generous from a dealer on a 8-year-old STS. If they gave you $12K you would have been happy for about 48 hours.

IMHO, they did you a favor.

I was offered $14K on trade for my 2005 from my Cadi Dealer. They said its hard to find one in perfect condition and they would resell it on the lot and still make a profit. Mine is 2005, Every Option including HUD, ACC, Roof, 18" Wheels, Etc. and just over 50k miles. Original paint still looks new. They are getting harder to find and since there were no Leases in 2010 & 2011 from the recession start there are no lease vehicles going down the GM lanes at auction so they are looking for quality used ones.

carter's_sts
10-17-12, 06:59 PM
I was offered 13,500 from a local dealer for mine, not even trading in. Just so they could resell it. Mine's a 2006, 52k miles, and not even fully loaded.

I turned it down and I think I can get close to 17k with a private party. Mine is also perfect. Dealers around here are asking 2k higher for a similar car.

EChas3
10-17-12, 08:33 PM
Color me surprised! Good to know!

turnne
10-17-12, 11:10 PM
I was offered 13,500 from a local dealer for mine, not even trading in. Just so they could resell it. Mine's a 2006, 52k miles, and not even fully loaded.

I turned it down and I think I can get close to 17k with a private party. Mine is also perfect. Dealers around here are asking 2k higher for a similar car.

where is that dealer?
I have a fully loaded( including White Diamond Paint option} that I could interest him in

those prices dont sound realistic...especislly based on a couple of things

These care are not bringing top dollar...look at what posters are paying for them
Loaded cars dont seem to bring a lot more...mileage is the main factor in value on these...the V8 option seem to mean much over a V6 either...considering what the difference was when they were new

Warren

----------

I was offered $14K on trade for my 2005 from my Cadi Dealer. They said its hard to find one in perfect condition and they would resell it on the lot and still make a profit. Mine is 2005, Every Option including HUD, ACC, Roof, 18" Wheels, Etc. and just over 50k miles. Original paint still looks new. They are getting harder to find and since there were no Leases in 2010 & 2011 from the recession start there are no lease vehicles going down the GM lanes at auction so they are looking for quality used ones.

likely because they were padding their deal....
14K...a real 14K would mean they would have to sell your car on their lot for about $17,000

seriously?

was it for a trade in on an XLR?

Warren

caddyfat2
10-18-12, 12:07 AM
Well today I pulled the trigger and purchased the 2012 Kizashi SLS. I have a couple of items for sale that I will post in the classifed section so everyone including Dkoz......goodby it was nice while it lasted.:thumbsup:

curtc
10-18-12, 12:23 AM
Well today I pulled the trigger and purchased the 2012 Kizashi SLS. I have a couple of items for sale that I will post in the classifed section so everyone including Dkoz......goodby it was nice while it lasted.:thumbsup:

A Cadillac to a Suzuki... Who would've thunk it???

carter's_sts
10-18-12, 02:48 AM
What are you guys talking about with these low prices? Do a search on Cars.com and see what they're going for. I price them all the time on there.

No it doesn't mean they are always getting what they ask, but they can't be too far off. You will see dealers asking 16 to 18 easily depending on miles and condition for 05s and 06s.

I'm in Colorado. Shouldn't be that hard to believe that a dealer would offer me 13.5, and no I did not make that up. Why would I?

carter's_sts
10-18-12, 03:00 AM
Just did a Cars.com search for a 75 mile radius from my zip code and filtered on only 05 and 06 and the prices went from 8900 to 20,495. Mileage was from 130,000 to 19,000.

Those were dealers, so why would it be unrealistic to think that you could sell to a private party for 17,000 with 50k miles for one in perfect condition?

truckinman
10-18-12, 06:38 AM
A Cadillac to a Suzuki... Who would've thunk it???

Who woulda admitted to it??

Jesda
10-18-12, 07:27 AM
The Kizashi is a very underrated car. Worth checking out.

curtc
10-18-12, 08:57 AM
The Kizashi is a very underrated car. Worth checking out.

Could be, but not worth trading in an STS for one....

tomm
10-18-12, 10:17 AM
likely because they were padding their deal....
14K...a real 14K would mean they would have to sell your car on their lot for about $17,000

seriously?

was it for a trade in on an XLR?

Warren

I was looking at the XTS but they offered to buy it for $14k with or without a trade. My car is in perfect condition and would easily sell on their lot for $16k to $17k and would need nothing for them to flip it.

caddyfat2
10-18-12, 02:45 PM
a cadillac to a suzuki... Who would've thunk it???
me !!!

EChas3
10-18-12, 09:06 PM
Good Luck!

I hope its everything you're looking for.

Check back often and say Hi!

caddyfat2
10-19-12, 08:10 AM
Thank you Echas3. You were one of the bright spots on this forum. Just keep doin what you're doing, you will be blessed. After being here for 4 years i will stop by every once and a while to see whats going on here and you never know another Caddy might be in my future.

cjmeyer
10-24-12, 11:44 PM
Be very careful.Suzuki on the fence in this country with no new product lined up.They look like they will be gone in a year or two.I myself like the Kizashi but there are no dealers close to me anymore.They have all closed up

turnne
10-29-12, 09:44 AM
I was looking at the XTS but they offered to buy it for $14k with or without a trade. My car is in perfect condition and would easily sell on their lot for $16k to $17k and would need nothing for them to flip it.

Interesting...and very hard to believe when I have many 05's on dealer lots for 11-14K depending on mileage

meaning the dealer paid 2K less than what their asking price is

These cars are extremely mileage driven in their value...more so than I think even equipment level

Based on what you are saying I might be able to get close to what I paid...with the mileage factored in....in 2009 for my white diamond AWD 1SG car

Its also hard to believe that the dealer was offering you the same amount whether you bought a car from them or not

Warren

Pjazz
11-07-12, 08:49 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/05/american-suzuki-motors-files-chapter-11-will-no-longer-sell-car/

carter's_sts
11-10-12, 11:30 AM
I guess the OP got their's just in time. It will be interesting to see if there will be enough dealers who will service them.

EChas3
11-10-12, 07:50 PM
It might make sense to keep in touch with your Suzuki dealer contacts. Someday you may need some experienced people.

curtc
11-11-12, 12:04 AM
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/05/american-suzuki-motors-files-chapter-11-will-no-longer-sell-car/

Guess they made such nice cars that no one bought them...

Would you guys buy a car made by Yamaha or Kawasaki?

EChas3
11-11-12, 02:23 PM
Those two have more credibility with me.

Yamaha has built some very nice musical instruments & electronics. Kawasaki has a 'Heavy Industries' division.

I suppose they thought they could repeat Honda's success.

truckinman
11-11-12, 06:00 PM
Those two have more credibility with me.

Yamaha has built some very nice musical instruments & electronics. Kawasaki has a 'Heavy Industries' division.

I suppose they thought they could repeat Honda's success.

Yamaha does make great musical instruments. I use to be a drummer, miss that like crazy, and had a very limited Yamaha Recording Custom drum set with all top of the line zildjian Cymbals. All in all the set by itself was around a 10k dollar drum set. Only made 250 of them and 50 of each color. Was a NICE NICE set!