: Vibration in dead pedal and gas pedal

RJR88
10-12-12, 08:44 AM
I have a 2012 Coupe that only has 400 miles on it. I have noticed lately that when I have my left foot resting on the dead pedal that it has a small vibration to it. I also noticed this with the gas pedal. It does not seem to matter how fast or how much throttle I give it. It actually starts to tingle my feet. I did not remember this when I first picked the car up. Not sure if it was there and I did not feel it because I was so excited about the car. The brake pedal does not have any vibration to it. My last car was a SL550 and there was no vibration at all. Can anyone comment on this.

hulksdaddy
10-12-12, 10:23 AM
Is it RPM specific? Say around 1800-2200. If so, it's normal. It's a harmonic. Some people are just more sensitive to it.

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-12-12, 12:58 PM
RJR88, I'm looking forward to your answer to hulksdaddy's question. If you would like to run your concerns by a dealership, please let me know and I would be happy to set up an appointment for you or investigate your concerns further. (I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.)

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

RJR88
10-12-12, 01:38 PM
Is it RPM specific? Say around 1800-2200. If so, it's normal. It's a harmonic. Some people are just more sensitive to it.I seem to feel it all times. I am going to let a buddy drive it this weekend to see what he has to say.

baabootoo
10-12-12, 08:48 PM
Modifications?

RJR88
12-07-12, 05:16 PM
I finally had a chance to get the car back to the dealer and they checked out the vibration and said it has to do with the exhaust and they had to order some kind of part for it. The car only has 700 miles on it and it is 100% stock with no mods. Has anyone else had this problem? They said the part is going to take 10 days to get some I am thinking it is not a part that is a common problem if it is going to take that long to get. I love the car and how it drives but this vibration is very annoying and I am not sure I could live with it if this part does not fix the problem.

Xaqtly
12-07-12, 07:23 PM
See if you can get them to tell you what part they're ordering specifically.

RJR88
12-07-12, 08:51 PM
I will call them to find out exactly. I remember something like a resonator damper.