: Lane departure Camera ... Mod?

Ludacrisvp
10-11-12, 11:07 PM
So I was thinking about the next interesting thing to do with the car and I was reading the thread about the abused 2010 Camaro at the Dealership in SC... The ultimate hidden dash camera is the Lane Departure camera.

I assume its a black and white camera and perhaps its not aimed in a manner that would be useful but who knows...

So does anyone know if this camera could be tapped into?

I have alldatadiy but I cannot seem to locate any form of electrical pin outs related to this system so that makes it hard to decide what wire and where would be the right one(s) to tap into. Depending on the output of this camera it may be interesting to display on the navigation screen as part of the AUX video in.

ddalder
10-11-12, 11:26 PM
I don't think you're going to have a lot of luck with this. I've got this option in my car and have already had a look at the module. It appears to be self contained with all processing occurring right at the windshield. There is power, ground and a serial data bus connection. The serial connection allows it to control the lamps on the instrument cluster. It can be turned on/off via the navigation radio touch screen.

Ludacrisvp
10-11-12, 11:33 PM
As I feared a self contained unit with only essentially a data connection on it. :( Oh well it was a long shot anyways.
I too have the option which was what made me think about tapping into the video feed... but since there likely isn't one to tap into unless I rip apart the module on the glass and find the right pins on the circuit board or tap onto the camera itself I won't be getting anywhere with this one :/

ddalder
10-11-12, 11:42 PM
Yup :(

----------

It is actually a six pin connector, but without info from the manufacturer I'm not sure if the others would be of benefit to what you want. It may be that this is just a header connector and three of the terminals aren't connected to anything on the circuit board. I didn't disassemble mine far enough to see.

Ludacrisvp
10-12-12, 12:14 AM
Hmmm, well IF I'm feeling ambitious one of these days I might have to take a closer look at this but at least I know that its all on the glass essentially. I figured it was possible that it might have sent the video to a separate module for processing.

tomm
10-12-12, 10:32 AM
This type of Mod will never happen. GM Lan Bus is different with the STS and other vehicles and even if they were on the same bus I would still say it would never happen.