: Cadillac EXT rear shocks/ coil overs helper should I???????????????????????

Dale543
10-11-12, 11:04 PM
Ok I have a EXT and the compressor is bad and the lines are bad and the shocks are blown in the rear. So my question is I want to put the helper springs / shocks on Is this a good idea. I do haul a boat a few times a year. but the price of the shocks are 300.00 and the repalcment parts are well lets just say I cant add that high. Ok so what do I do. I want a mantince free system should i go with the coil overs if so any good brands out there?[/SIZE]

mikedyk43
10-11-12, 11:54 PM
Ok I have a EXT and the compressor is bad and the lines are bad and the shocks are blown in the rear. So my question is I want to put the helper springs / shocks on Is this a good idea. I do haul a boat a few times a year. but the price of the shocks are 300.00 and the repalcment parts are well lets just say I cant add that high. Ok so what do I do. I want a mantince free system should i go with the coil overs if so any good brands out there?[/SIZE]

Just a thought if you are interested in saving money, you could think about putting aftermarket airbags in the rear. You could set them up to be manually inflated as they were designed and if you decide at a later time to rebuild your compressor, you can just hook it up to them and have your auto leveling back. The only reason I suggest this is because you mentioned that you tow a boat. Even if it is only a few times a year, airbags are a lot easier to inflate than to have to readjust coilovers.

the cadillac man
10-12-12, 02:29 AM
Just a thought if you are interested in saving money, you could think about putting aftermarket airbags in the rear. You could set them up to be manually inflated as they were designed and if you decide at a later time to rebuild your compressor, you can just hook it up to them and have your auto leveling back. The only reason I suggest this is because you mentioned that you tow a boat. Even if it is only a few times a year, airbags are a lot easier to inflate than to have to readjust coilovers.

+1 I agree with mike.