: Center console lid removal

gass1472
10-11-12, 05:27 PM
hey guys I was wondering if anyone could help me on how to change the entire lid top on a 2008 escalade. Here is a link of what I bought I just need to know how to remove the old one and put the new one on. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180993259180?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

ELUSIVE
10-12-12, 04:44 PM
There is a huge thread on this and the guy from Rippy sells them for much less than you paid (Sorry). Here are the instructions. Took me about 10-15 minutes. Really pretty easy.

Lower rear cup holder and remove 2 screws in the middle just below rear aux/vent area.
- After removing screws, lift up on the area where the rear aux/vents are so that the screw holes you just removed the screws from pop out and over the area they were behind.
- Expert Techinque here, grab a butter knife and pull the rear aux area towards you a little (it should be loose now that it isn't behind the cup holder area) and worked the butter knife up the right side until the clip pops out. Do the same on the left hand side then just pull the area out.
- Remove 5 screws, lift old arm rest out, put new arm rest on and tighten down.
- When putting the back piece back on, put the bottom in first so that the 2 screw holes for the cup holder area go back behind the plastic like they were before you removed the screws, then just pop the top clips in. Make sure all wires are out of the way of the vents.

That's it guys. Nothing to it. Lifting the rear aux/vent area so that the 2 screw holes from the cup holder area pop out and in front of the area they are currently behind does take a little bit of muscle.

ESCALADE132
10-12-12, 10:47 PM
It also only took me about 20 minutes to do, really easy

gass1472
10-13-12, 08:03 PM
I found out after I purchased it that I could have gotten it cheaper lol figures but I'm not gonna go through the hassle of shipping it back. Thanks anyways though. It should be in early next week and I did happen to see the other thread about this. I appreciate your help also and I can't wait to get it on once it comes in. It does seem like a simple task but If I have any troubles I'll be sure to post. Thanks for the help :)

ELUSIVE
10-13-12, 11:21 PM
I think you'll be fine. It's rather easy.
It's a nice mod that changes the look of the interior. Cheers!

gass1472
10-16-12, 09:53 PM
Installed and looks great. Install was very easy that's for all the help

sonnysoto
02-11-14, 11:37 AM
Hello guys,
The lid on my center console won't open, the latch is broke. Where can I either get a replacement lid or where can I buy the center console for my 2008 escalade esv?
Thank you!
Sonny

MrHolland
02-11-14, 09:47 PM
Stop double posting. Its against our rules.