: Package of FIRSTS arrived today

wthomas33
10-11-12, 12:13 PM
Today I received a box delivered by Fedex from Cadillac congratulating me on my new XTS. In the box are several items to do on your 'FIRSTS' with the new car such as,

Open on your first starry night, and there is a map of the stars below it
Open on your first sunny saturday, and there is a cloth to wash your car with

Also included for other 'FIRSTS' are a monocular for viewing your horizon, a box of altoids, evian spray.

Anyone else get this yet? It is packaged in a box that looks like the box the iPad came in.

longslim
10-11-12, 02:35 PM
Today I received a box delivered by Fedex from Cadillac congratulating me on my new XTS. In the box are several items to do on your 'FIRSTS' with the new car such as,

Open on your first starry night, and there is a map of the stars below it
Open on your first sunny saturday, and there is a cloth to wash your car with

Also included for other 'FIRSTS' are a monocular for viewing your horizon, a box of altoids, evian spray.

Anyone else get this yet? It is packaged in a box that looks like the box the iPad came in.
It's the "FIRST" time I've heard anyone mentioning it, we sure didn't get one.

Cadjiek
10-11-12, 02:55 PM
I just got mine too. Now I have a monocular to spy on my neighbor!!

wrtxts
10-11-12, 02:56 PM
Yes, I received the same package when I purchased my 2012 CTS. Haven't received one for my XTS purchase yet, but I just took delivery of it three weeks ago.

Cadjiek
10-11-12, 03:05 PM
We never got anything for our 2009 CTS except a box of cookies from the salesman.

docjay
10-11-12, 03:23 PM
I got a thank you email from the dealership. Everything else was done on through the phone and the car delivered to my home.

cblove
10-11-12, 08:13 PM
I have not received a package. It has been 3 weeks since my purchase.

wthomas33
10-11-12, 09:13 PM
Just for those that recently purchased their XTS's, I took delivery of mine July 15 and already have 6500 miles on it so you may have to wait for your 'FIRSTS'.

mikethomas
10-11-12, 09:33 PM
I received the same package around the end of July. Bought my xts the end of June.

handymantoo
10-15-12, 07:11 PM
I received mine last Friday

Engelman
10-16-12, 04:42 AM
Took delivery of mine on Sept. 22nd and no box of "FIRSTS" yet....

cblove
10-19-12, 10:51 PM
Received my package of "firsts" today

docjay
10-23-12, 08:46 PM
Got mine today ... that's a very nice gesture from Cadillac.

Cadjiek
10-23-12, 09:14 PM
I wonder how much it costs Cadillac to do this. Not too much in it that's usefull other than the monocular.
My breath is always fresh, my skin for a 64 year old is soft and supple, I don't really care about the stars, but I do watch the birds and neighbors with my monocular

I wonder how much this costs Cadillac. Not much of it is usefull other than the monocular. My breath is always fresh, My skin is soft and supple for a 64 year old, I don't care about the stars but I do use the monocular to watch the birds and my neighbors!!

longslim
10-24-12, 03:40 PM
Got my goody bag today wife seem please, to me it was more meh.

TulsaVic
10-25-12, 10:16 AM
My dealer (Don Thornton in Tulsa) sent me two nice glass mugs and a selection of premium coffees when I bought my DTS. Have to say I enjoyed that more than I would have a monocular and some moisturizer.

wrtxts
10-25-12, 11:56 AM
My dealership sends a large tin of chocolate chip cookies. Those never go to waste!

CAPT Mike
10-25-12, 12:04 PM
My dealer (Don Thornton in Tulsa) sent me two nice glass mugs and a selection of premium coffees when I bought my DTS. Have to say I enjoyed that more than I would have a monocular and some moisturizer.

My dealership sends a large tin of chocolate chip cookies. Those never go to waste!

I'm jealous. In the past ten years, I've purchased over $314K worth of automobiles and 80.5K of motorcycles; no coffee, no cookies; wait, I did get 4 Harley T-shirts.

CAPT Mike
11-06-12, 02:13 PM
Well today my package arrived. With great anticipation and utter excitement, I had my wife open the package to find...a bunch of crap. What a let down! Who needs a star map, a monocular, a washcloth, skin softener and breath mints? At my age, who cares about the stars, my skin or my breath (which is fine and smoke free;)). Cadillac's appreciation of our purchase should result in an explanation of when the CUE quirks will be cleared up or something of substance. Or maybe I should try to remember what the idiom was regarding a "gift horse?":D

330GT
11-08-12, 08:47 PM
Got my package today. Frankly, the total sum of money spent on this nonsense for all of us should have been better spent on allocating more time to assembling our vehicles with greater pride and care - i.e. RATTLES (for instance). I am certain there are many more issues out there that should have NEVER left the factory in the first place!

thebigjimsho
11-09-12, 09:16 AM
Yawn.

blue_skies
11-10-12, 01:29 AM
Got my package today. Frankly, the total sum of money spent on this nonsense for all of us should have been better spent on allocating more time to assembling our vehicles with greater pride and care - i.e. RATTLES (for instance). I am certain there are many more issues out there that should have NEVER left the factory in the first place!

I don't think that the FIRSTS package program amounts to any significant sum of money.

Think of it more as an elaborate 'Thank You' postcard, not as a freebee.

Cute, but Cadillac cups are probably cuter.