: Windshield Wiper Recomendation - 09 ESV

jgrew030
10-11-12, 08:37 AM
Not sure if any other owners have had trouble with the windshield wipers as I have.

About a year ago, the driver side wipers became warped or something, they would smear water trail in my field of vision, and then started to make a clicking noise

I replaced them and now the same issue is happening, wiper would smear a water trail, and it clicks every time it reaches the very left side of the front window. I'm not sure if the blade is hitting something, or is lifted off. But its becoming annoying and dangerous

Are there any high quality windshield wipers anyone could recommend

Thanks in Advance

09 Escalade ESV

MrHolland
10-11-12, 09:30 AM
Bosch Evolution, Anco Contour, Valeo, or Rain X Latitude. I think I like the Rain X option better. Valeo has a better CR rating but simply are not available locally. Regardless, windshield wipers are an item that should be changed every 6-9 months depending on the conditions where you live, IMO.

----I would also check the wiper arms and make sure they still have adequate tension.

anhandrew
10-11-12, 10:04 AM
I agree with the above statement. I use the Bosch and they have been great! I also changed out my arms because they faded and i could not stand the flaky look. But i did notice changing to the new arms it wipes cleaner.

krieghoff
10-11-12, 10:16 AM
I use the Goodyear Advantage and they are I best for me.

cangolf
10-11-12, 12:26 PM
you may also want to have Aquapel applied to your windshield, similar to Rain-X. I find I can get away with 2 applications a year where Rain-s only seems to last me a couple weeks. I have found that it greatly improved the efficiency of my wipers. Cheers

2007caddy
10-11-12, 01:04 PM
Rain-X with no complaints

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-11-12, 03:00 PM
Not sure if any other owners have had trouble with the windshield wipers as I have.
About a year ago, the driver side wipers became warped or something, they would smear water trail in my field of vision, and then started to make a clicking noise
I replaced them and now the same issue is happening, wiper would smear a water trail, and it clicks every time it reaches the very left side of the front window. I'm not sure if the blade is hitting something, or is lifted off. But its becoming annoying and dangerous
Are there any high quality windshield wipers anyone could recommend
Thanks in Advance
09 Escalade ESV

Jgrew, I'm glad that forum members have been stepping us with their helpful opinions. If you're still concerned about your wipers, then I definitely recommend taking your ESV to a dealership for service. Please don't hesitate to contact me for further assistance! My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and please know that your family’s safety is of utmost importance to Cadillac.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Royalton
10-11-12, 04:28 PM
I have noticed with silicone blades 100% of the raindrops are scooped up but it leaves a temporary smear haze that lasts a second or 2. with rubber blades it doesn't get the rain as great but doesn't leave that momentary haze. When driving when the rain is just starting or stopping that silicone haze drives me nuts. Silicone blades last longer and don't sucome to dry rot, Not sure whats best.