: Bluetooth Contacts Synch

DG2
10-10-12, 11:15 PM
I have a 2011 Escalade and notice when the Bluetooth synchs up with my iPhone it does not bring my contacts over. I just purchased a 2013 Buick Verano for my daughter and immediately noticed that the Verano brings over all the contacts in the cel phone automatically. In addition it automatically recognizes the names via voice command with no need to voice tag every single contact. Very impressive car that little Verano is.

Should my Escalade be doing the same ??

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-11-12, 01:40 PM
DG2, I did some preliminary research and notice that page 7-106 of your owners manual mentions, "The system can store up to 30 phone numbers as name tags in the Hands‐Free Directory that is shared between the Bluetooth and OnStar systems, if equipped." Have you already tried storing phone numbers using that tactic?

In the meantime, if you don't mind sending the last eight of your VIN then I would be happy to check my resources further for you.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

DG2
10-11-12, 11:11 PM
Thanks Katie I will get that for you. I was just so impressed how the new Verano automatically pulls the contacts and allows you to just say the name without setting up a name tag. Guess newer technologies

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-12-12, 09:52 AM
I look forward to your direct message, DG2! I'm off duty this weekend, but I will be sure to check my inbox Monday morning when I return to the office.

Thanks very much for the Verano feedback; I'll be sure to document that as well!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service