: Amp Location?

asgds3p2
10-10-12, 08:41 PM
Hey guys I know that there are a bunch of threads already about this but I didnt see any that said where the amp for the radio actually is.
I have the radio working with no sound, blinkers, personalization error, etc problem. I did the battery reset, checked the fuses, changed them even though they werent blown even had a new nav put in and the sound issue is still there. So now I want to try and unplug the amp and see if that fixes it or replace it.
Can anyone tell me where the bose amp is on an 05 STS V8?

EChas3
10-10-12, 09:28 PM
Did you have a dealer match the Nav/Radio to your VIN? It won't work until this is done.

I think the door speakers are powered and the sub amp is in the rear. I thought the dash speakers were powered from the head-end. Maybe another member knows for sure.

ddalder
10-10-12, 09:56 PM
If the Nav/Radio isn't matched to the car, there will be a message displayed saying "Theft Locked", although there may be other system configuration required beyond TheftLock.

If you have the 8 speaker system (non-navigation), all speakers are powered directly by the amplifier. With the 15 speaker system (navigation), the front door speakers and sub-woofer are powered separately from the amplifier, however the audio signal itself is provided via the primary amplifier, not the radio head.

In both the 8 and 15 speaker systems, the primary amplifier is locate in the trunk, left side behind the trim panel.

asgds3p2
10-10-12, 10:20 PM
Yes I had the replacement nav matched to the car. No joy. So the amp is in the trunk, drivers side panel. Cool, Ill reset it and see if that does the trick

Ok I unplugged the amp with no result then I swapped amps with one out of my buddys STS and bam, everything works. Now Ive just got to get another amp.