: I coulda rented a 54 bentley for our wedding but..

truckinman
10-10-12, 09:38 PM
We found the perfect venue today for our wedding. They rent out limos as well to their customers. Well the owner has a 54 bentley and a 61 Jag that he rents out as well. But only from end of April to November :-( . We are getting married in march. We were actually going to sign up for the bentley until we learned the dates he gets it out of his garage. Its a beautiful 2 tone silver and black. We don't need a limo, just woulda been cool as hell to rent that out to drive around and get pictures in after the wedding.

orconn
10-10-12, 09:47 PM
It seems like every wedding I have been to for the last 25 years has featured a Rolls Silver Cloud or a Bentley S1. You'd think someone would come up with something new in the wedding game. If you have to have a special car why not see about a 1950's Cadillac?!

CadillacLuke24
10-11-12, 01:05 AM
That'd be neat. I think an early 50s Eldo drop top would be sick.

talismandave
10-11-12, 03:02 AM
Cruise around in Ohio with the top down in march, and the car won't be all that's sick!

truckinman
10-11-12, 06:59 AM
Cruise around in Ohio with the top down in march, and the car won't be all that's sick!

Lol. We would be the ones sick...on our honeymoon. Lol

orconn
10-11-12, 10:55 AM
Not so, even old Cadillacs had great heaters/defrosters. I used to drive my 1962 Cadillac convertible in November and December in Madison, Wisconsin. Sleigh riding in a cadillac convertible was lots of fun and nobody got sick. But it you really are not inclined to experience "topt down" driving on your wedding day, easy, hire a closed car!

truckinman
10-11-12, 10:58 AM
Not so, even old Cadillacs had great heaters/defrosters. I used to drive my 1962 Cadillac convertible in November and December in Madison, Wisconsin. Sleigh riding in a cadillac convertible was lots of fun and nobody got sick. But it you really are not inclined to experience "topt down" driving on your wedding day, easy, hire a closed car!

We were just gonna rent the bentley for the hell of it. But our ceremony and reception are at the same location so we don't really need transportation other than to go take pics. It was going to run us 400 for 2 hrs. Not sure what we could find an old Cadillac for.

talismandave
10-11-12, 12:36 PM

I use mine year round too, I was thinking that for wedding pics they wouldn't want to layer up and being driven the back seat top down in just a tux and wedding dress that heat outlet under dash might just not help them too much!:lol:

I don't dress any differently than I would in winter anyway and I never have a problem top down. (Other than odd looks from other motorists.) Funny they don't think twice about the guy on the side of the road on a snowmobile, but they think I'm nuts?

To find an old Cadillac you might start a thread asking and perhaps a nearby forum member would come to your aid!

CadillacLuke24
10-11-12, 04:29 PM
Wait, what?

You're gettin' married this spring, truckinman?

CONGRATULATIONS MAN! Glad you find somebody wortwhile :D

Good luck on finding a nice ride to haul ya around. I hope you can find something you both like!

truckinman
10-11-12, 05:18 PM
Wait, what?

You're gettin' married this spring, truckinman?

CONGRATULATIONS MAN! Glad you find somebody wortwhile :D

Good luck on finding a nice ride to haul ya around. I hope you can find something you both like!

Thanks Luke! I asked her to marry me last march on a cruise. And hell, Ive gotta black caddy. That's pretty classy. Lol. Even tho it's notta classic. Lol.

orconn
10-11-12, 05:46 PM
Your black STS should fill the bill just fine! And by the time you look at the pictires in a few years the STS will be a classic!

truckinman
10-11-12, 06:40 PM
Your black STS should fill the bill just fine! And by the time you look at the pictires in a few years the STS will be a classic!

Good point! It will be a classic later when we look back at the pictures.

EChas3
10-13-12, 09:20 PM
Congratulations & best wishes!

truckinman
10-14-12, 01:28 AM
Congratulations & best wishes!

Thank you sir! And we did a few engagement pics today. Got a few with the STS I'm gonna try and post tomorrow.

CadillacCastle
10-14-12, 01:49 AM
you can get the Bently for the next time you get married.

talismandave
10-14-12, 02:06 AM
:osnap: