: My XTS Has Arrived

CAPT Mike
10-10-12, 06:34 PM
My salesman just called to tell me that my XTS just came off the truck and could I come in to do the paperwork tomorrow? What do you think??:yup:
My wife and I planned a drive down to Myrtle Beach (600 miles each way) for a weeks vacation starting Sunday. I am slightly apprehensive of driving the new XTS with all its new electronics on a trip like this where I'll be on a steady speed of 70-80 mph (of course, where legally permissable) on speed control. What do you think? The alternative (approved by the dealer) is to drive my BMW (my trade vehicle) and pick up the XTS on my return.

SHOWGIRL
10-10-12, 07:08 PM
My salesman just called to tell me that my XTS just came off the truck and could I come in to do the paperwork tomorrow? What do you think??:yup:
My wife and I planned a drive down to Myrtle Beach (600 miles each way) for a weeks vacation starting Sunday. I am slightly apprehensive of driving the new XTS with all its new electronics on a trip like this where I'll be on a steady speed of 70-80 mph (of course, where legally permissable) on speed control. What do you think? The alternative (approved by the dealer) is to drive my BMW (my trade vehicle) and pick up the XTS on my return.
--------------------
I'm so curious as to why you're trading a BMW for an XTS - i ask because we were 'thinking' of a BMW although we've just drive the XTS and found it awesome !!! what level and color did you buy ? Good luck with your trip and new car !!! Congratulations !!

Cadjiek
10-10-12, 09:10 PM
Captain Sir! Take the XTS and enjoy the ride. Out of all the people that have bought an XTS how many are really having electronic problems? Enjoy the XTS and the vacation!

CAPT Mike
10-10-12, 11:21 PM
--------------------
I'm so curious as to why you're trading a BMW for an XTS - i ask because we were 'thinking' of a BMW although we've just drive the XTS and found it awesome !!! what level and color did you buy ? Good luck with your trip and new car !!! Congratulations !!
The wife does not like the electronic "stick" and prefers the more mechanical shift as in the XTS. Also, after I drove the XTS, I found that it was fantastic. Also, my X5 was a diesel and here in Pennsylvania, diesel fuel is 30-40 cents more per gallon over regular fuel. Thanks for the congrats and hope you find what you are looking for as well.

----------

Captain Sir! Take the XTS and enjoy the ride. Out of all the people that have bought an XTS how many are really having electronic problems? Enjoy the XTS and the vacation!

Was not worried about problems; just not enough time for this old sailor to familiarize myself with all the new gizmos. Oh hell, why not!

DG2
10-10-12, 11:25 PM
Go for it !! Nothing like a nice long ride to fall in love with your new XTS. Congrats.

RicktheRealtor
10-11-12, 12:10 PM
Congratulation! Enjoy your XTS.

CAPT Mike
10-11-12, 03:11 PM
:DIt is fantastic! Graphite metallic with caramel and black interior. But now it's back to school; learn how to use Ipad, view tutorials, and view videos. I paid my money and have a beautiful vehicle and now I need to rent my 6 year old grandson who has been working with an Ipad since he was 5 to train me on the "how to's.":)

SHOWGIRL
10-11-12, 04:37 PM
:DIt is fantastic! Graphite metallic with caramel and black interior. But now it's back to school; learn how to use Ipad, view tutorials, and view videos. I paid my money and have a beautiful vehicle and now I need to rent my 6 year old grandson who has been working with an Ipad since he was 5 to train me on the "how to's.":)
---------------------------------
It all sounds so exciting & gorgeous ! - What 'level' did you get ? so glad you opted to take the car for the vacation. Just as well that you turned- in your trade ...i was thinking about any problems on the trip that could 'devalue' it to the dealer !!
Why did you get rid of the beemer ? just curoius ... well enjoy that new car and remember make good use of your grandson & the electronics - isn't that 'why' we have them ? LOL Showgirl !!! :thumbsup:

Avery323
10-11-12, 04:40 PM
Let's see some pics!

CAPT Mike
10-11-12, 07:29 PM
Let's see some pics!

When I get back from Myrtle Beach.

----------

---------------------------------
Why did you get rid of the beemer ? just curoius ... well enjoy that new car and remember make good use of your grandson & the electronics - isn't that 'why' we have them ? LOL Showgirl !!! :thumbsup:
The Beemer is gone (I've owned 4 BMW's in the past 10 years). I wanted to trade the X5 last Summer for a 5 series (the wife preferred that style and size)and my dealer offered me a trade value of $20K under what I paid him the year before and list price on a 5 series that was dealer stock. Now I knew that I would take a beating after only one year, but not a merciless beating. I told the wife forget it. When the XTS was unveiled, I thought I'd give it a try and was pleasantly surprised with the look, drive, trade and price. BTW, my XTS is the Premium.

SHOWGIRL
10-12-12, 08:27 AM
When I get back from Myrtle Beach.

----------

The Beemer is gone (I've owned 4 BMW's in the past 10 years). I wanted to trade the X5 last Summer for a 5 series (the wife preferred that style and size)and my dealer offered me a trade value of $20K under what I paid him the year before and list price on a 5 series that was dealer stock. Now I knew that I would take a beating after only one year, but not a merciless beating. I told the wife forget it. When the XTS was unveiled, I thought I'd give it a try and was pleasantly surprised with the look, drive, trade and price. BTW, my XTS is the Premium.
---------------------------
o.k. this is a 'pin you to the wall' question - but since you are/were also a BMW owner/driver i'll have to ask :
...we had looked at the 2011 535i ...(of course i realize this is trying to compare two different cars i.e. RWD/FWD )....do you feel the BMW would be worth the cost difference for one who doesn't do much highway driving? Maybe 2-3x year, if that. However, good passing speed or 'get out a tailgater's way 'power' is important ...with the xts he did notice a slight ''hiccup'' when attempting to do just that ...you really 'feel' that mili-second 'lag" (if that's the correct description) with the XTS from a stop and even while up to speed ...so 'that' worries him + the possibility of GM adding TT's later on to the XTS (if you remember the SRX had a 3.0 in '10 -later in'11 changed it to a 3.6.) and he's afraid if he jumps now & later the TT is added, he'll not be happy ! LOL
We had a 2000 740iL which was a great highway car...we just tried the XTS and DH was pleasantly surprised at its handling & ride :I.E.the way it can take curves -incl. several 'heavy' S-curves locally (unlike our current DTS '10 -non-MRC that goes where 'it' wants to go) ...he found no noticible torque-pull on those curves in this XTS as he does on the DTS. It even 'hugs' the straight local highways.
He also found the XTS very similar in handling,ride to the CTS '10 which is RWD and he liked that car except for the seats...and felt you'd never know the XTS was FWD!
So for the price difference is it necessary to step up to a 535i BMW sedan (except for the fact that it has T-Turbos for it's 6 litr engine) thanks so much and enjoy that new car !!!! showgirl

CAPT Mike
10-12-12, 09:31 AM
---------------------------
o.k. this is a 'pin you to the wall' question - but since you are/were also a BMW owner/driver i'll have to ask :
...we had looked at the 2011 535i ...(of course i realize this is trying to compare two different cars i.e. RWD/FWD )....do you feel the BMW would be worth the cost difference for one who doesn't do much highway driving? Maybe 2-3x year, if that. However, good passing speed or 'get out a tailgater's way 'power' is important ...with the xts he did notice a slight ''hiccup'' when attempting to do just that ...you really 'feel' that mili-second 'lag" (if that's the correct description) with the XTS from a stop and even while up to speed ...so 'that' worries him + the possibility of GM adding TT's later on to the XTS (if you remember the SRX had a 3.0 in '10 -later in'11 changed it to a 3.6.) and he's afraid if he jumps now & later the TT is added, he'll not be happy ! LOL
We had a 2000 740iL which was a great highway car...we just tried the XTS and DH was pleasantly surprised at its handling & ride :I.E.the way it can take curves -incl. several 'heavy' S-curves locally (unlike our current DTS '10 -non-MRC that goes where 'it' wants to go) ...he found no noticible torque-pull on those curves in this XTS as he does on the DTS. It even 'hugs' the straight local highways.
He also found the XTS very similar in handling,ride to the CTS '10 which is RWD and he liked that car except for the seats...and felt you'd never know the XTS was FWD!
So for the price difference is it necessary to step up to a 535i BMW sedan (except for the fact that it has T-Turbos for it's 6 litr engine) thanks so much and enjoy that new car !!!! showgirl

I owned an '06 530xi and it was super. Great handling, power,etc. When the new 5 series came out in '11, I wanted one. Drove a 535i and did not like it. It did not have the same feeling that my "old" 5 had. XTS to a 5 series? No contest. XTS! Comfort, drive, etc. People complaining of power?? The XTS is not a Corvette. If you want power buy the CTS-V.

SHOWGIRL
10-12-12, 10:05 AM
I owned an '06 530xi and it was super. Great handling, power,etc. When the new 5 series came out in '11, I wanted one. Drove a 535i and did not like it. It did not have the same feeling that my "old" 5 had. XTS to a 5 series? No contest. XTS! Comfort, drive, etc. People complaining of power?? The XTS is not a Corvette. If you want power buy the CTS-V.
----------------------------------
this says it all insofar as the BMW '11 !!! as a sideline - by 'power' i didn't mean at a 'racing-level' - lol - i meant just the type of 'power' one might need suddenly to try and get away from a tailgator or pass quickly & safely on the highway. Any thoughts? thanks again !

CAPT Mike
10-12-12, 03:02 PM
----------------------------------
this says it all insofar as the BMW '11 !!! as a sideline - by 'power' i didn't mean at a 'racing-level' - lol - i meant just the type of 'power' one might need suddenly to try and get away from a tailgator or pass quickly & safely on the highway. Any thoughts? thanks again !

300+ HP plus put your foot down to shift gears and you will get away from the idiots on the road out there. The same idiots tailgate me when I'm in my Vette; why I ask? SO I then drive just below the speed limit.

SHOWGIRL
10-12-12, 05:04 PM
300+ HP plus put your foot down to shift gears and you will get away from the idiots on the road out there. The same idiots tailgate me when I'm in my Vette; why I ask? SO I then drive just below the speed limit.
-------------------------
''put foot down to shift gears'' ... are you saying to technically ''floor-it'' ? that there is a 'passing-gear' ?

CAPT Mike
10-12-12, 08:33 PM
-------------------------
''put foot down to shift gears'' ... are you saying to technically ''floor-it'' ? that there is a 'passing-gear' ?
If you want to move out fast that's what you do and it doesn't have to be "down to the floor" to drop down a gear or two; that's how your automatic transmission works.
BTW, we have to stop meeting this way. My wife asks me what am I doing at the computer and I tell her that I'm writing a SHOWGIRL. She's getting suspicious.;) :D

SHOWGIRL
10-12-12, 10:29 PM
If you want to move out fast that's what you do and it doesn't have to be "down to the floor" to drop down a gear or two; that's how your automatic transmission works.
BTW, we have to stop meeting this way. My wife asks me what am I doing at the computer and I tell her that I'm writing a SHOWGIRL. She's getting suspicious.;) :D
-------------------------------
wonder if DH 'knows' to do that !!! i'll tell him = believe me !!!!
insofar as corresponding with a 'showgirl' ....telll your wife to think in terms of Gloria Swanson in ''Sunset Blvd'' LOL .... anyway thanks for all your good ideas ...and have a wonderful time with that new beauty (i mean your wife - ha ha)...
''SG""