: Did you know that Cadillac close to final approval of an XLR-like vehicle?

Lord Cadillac
10-10-12, 11:49 AM
Well. I'm not sure how XLR-like it's going to be - but it IS a sports car of some sort. Discuss...

thebigjimsho
10-10-12, 12:11 PM
Sal has become a spam-bot.

hueterm
10-10-12, 12:18 PM
Good! It better have a V8...

greencadillacmatt
10-10-12, 01:43 PM
I'd rather see the Ciel go into production.

MrHolland
10-10-12, 04:10 PM
Good! It better have a V8...
As the small base model engne!!

orconn
10-10-12, 04:31 PM
A Cadillac for everyone ..... who does Cadillac think it is Mercedes!?

CadillacLuke24
10-11-12, 12:03 AM
That would be the general idea. I like the concept, as long as it's V8 powered. PICS!

ryannel2003
10-11-12, 01:04 AM
Well much like the long rumored RWD, S-Class fighter I won't hold my breath. I'll believe it when I see it.

talismandave
10-11-12, 02:31 AM
This is at least something I could get a bit excited about. I would much rather it be a 4 place so I don't have to replace my C70 with a E550 Cab, but I will take what I can get.

Jesda
10-11-12, 07:17 AM
JUST KIDDING! It's going to be a rebadged Chevy Sonic with a panoramic sunroof and CUE.

Johnxlrv
10-11-12, 07:22 AM
JUST KIDDING! It's going to be a rebadged Chevy Sonic with a panoramic sunroof and CUE.

You are downright mean!

No more rebadged anything!

"If we forget our history, we are doomed to repeat it"

Stick the V8 in the ELR...that will get my attention

Lord Cadillac
10-11-12, 12:04 PM
Well much like the long rumored RWD, S-Class fighter I won't hold my breath. I'll believe it when I see it.

The flagship is already in progress...

ryannel2003
10-11-12, 03:14 PM
Until I see it, I'm not going to hold my breath. We've been hearing the same thing from GM for almost 10 years regarding a RWD, flagship vehicle for their premium brand. I'm sure it's being built and i'm sure it's nice, but GM has the tendency to kill major products before release for no real reason.

CadillacLuke24
10-11-12, 03:25 PM
the flagship is already in progress...

LTS BItCHES!!!!

Lord Cadillac
10-11-12, 04:52 PM
Until I see it, I'm not going to hold my breath. We've been hearing the same thing from GM for almost 10 years regarding a RWD, flagship vehicle for their premium brand. I'm sure it's being built and i'm sure it's nice, but GM has the tendency to kill major products before release for no real reason.

I don't blame you for feeling that way.

LTS BItCHES!!!!

Yeah, I'd rather have a name for the flagship. Like Escalade...

orconn
10-11-12, 05:03 PM
"Escalade" is already synonomous with "they only think they can afford and deserve one." A new flagship for Cadillac needs a name that is a little less aspirational and a little more inspirational!

MrHolland
10-11-12, 08:14 PM
^^^Dont tease,,,,,Escalade.... (LordCadillac)

ryannel2003
10-11-12, 08:30 PM
I don't blame you for feeling that way.

Yeah, I'd rather have a name for the flagship. Like Escalade...

I hate being like this, but so many broken promises from GM and Cadillac have hampered my ability to be genuinely excited until I see the official photos.

talismandave
10-11-12, 11:03 PM
We have all gone round and round on the name/alphabet thing but just the other day I watched a intro vid on youtube for the Ciel. The designer was pitching the car and went into great detail about how the name was picked, and why, and what it meant, that it's origin was French as was Cadillac. Obviously they understood that the right name was of great importance to a show car. I wondered why they forget that as a production car.

It made me imagine in my head the same scene for any of these ZQX names. They should make the person who decided on the "name" explain the same for his ZQX! Make him fill as much time. Explain what inspired him to pick the letters, What the letters are to invoke in the consumer, the origin of the alphabet, and perhaps the significance of the shape of the letters.

orconn
10-11-12, 11:13 PM
I named it the "ZQX" after my three childhood imaginery playmates, Ziggy, Quixote and Xander!

cadillac kevin
10-11-12, 11:21 PM
I want my V12 (aka 2 high feature V6s put together)

MrHolland
10-11-12, 11:23 PM
Lets shoot for the moon,,,,and put two V-8s together! !!

-----hahahahaaaa, yeah right.....

Stingroo
10-11-12, 11:26 PM
"Escalade" is already synonomous with "they only think they can afford and deserve one."

To you, perhaps. I don't think I know anybody else in the world who thinks this.

Jesda
10-12-12, 12:35 AM
The flagship is already in progress...

So was the Sixteen.

I'll believe it when they build it.

Lord Cadillac
10-12-12, 03:31 PM
So was the Sixteen.

I'll believe it when they build it.

The Sixteen was in development stages?

Stingroo
10-13-12, 02:06 AM
No. It was strictly a concept, AFAIK.

Koooop
10-13-12, 07:59 AM
Please let the base model have an LS motor this time.

thebigjimsho
10-13-12, 02:17 PM
I hate being like this, but so many broken promises from GM and Cadillac have hampered my ability to be genuinely excited until I see the official photos.

Broken promises?

hueterm
10-13-12, 02:24 PM
To you, perhaps. I don't think I know anybody else in the world who thinks this.

I'm sure there are many... just not on CF...

#'ladelove

Lord Cadillac
10-13-12, 06:26 PM
Please let the base model have an LS motor this time.

I believe the base motor is going to be a V6. However, there will be more powerful options. I also believe a V8 will be one of them.

77CDV
10-13-12, 06:58 PM
We shall see.

thebigjimsho
10-14-12, 02:00 AM
Parrot says V6 = failure.

Koooop
10-14-12, 04:45 PM
I believe the base motor is going to be a V6. However, there will be more powerful options. I also believe a V8 will be one of them.

I believe some bad choices really hurt the XLR, primarily the choice of power. Awesome car, but they just had to use a "Cadillac" motor, that just made the car non factor against the competition due to the dog of a motor it had when it was introduced. The V series certainly spiced the car up, but the limitations for a rich guy to mod that platfom again limited the upside against the competition. I don't believe that there is a credible AMG or Brabus type operation to to heat up a Northstar.

A V6? This does not sound like Cadillac is learning from their own success and failure.

CadillacLuke24
10-14-12, 07:11 PM
The Northstar is a great motor. It is NOT a good motor for a performance convertible, though. If they'd offer aftermarket support for these engines, they would take off in popularity (Granted the block gets headstuds).

brandondeleo
10-14-12, 07:16 PM
The Northstar is a great motor. It is NOT a good motor for a performance convertible, though.
http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/Cadillac/93-Cadillac-Allante-DV-09_CI-01.jpg

talismandave
10-14-12, 11:43 PM
I sill love those as much as I did when they were introduced. Some day a couple years from now I will have to read up in the proper section about how good and what to watch out for, and me one. That cream/white one would do quite nicely!

CadillacLuke24
10-14-12, 11:55 PM
I stand corrected :D

Johnxlrv
10-15-12, 07:53 AM
I sill love those as much as I did when they were introduced. Some day a couple years from now I will have to read up in the proper section about how good and what to watch out for, and me one. That cream/white one would do quite nicely!

There was one recently on eBay in the Bay Area...without the hardtop...91 I believe, which meant the ht4500?. I think the N* was on the last model year. I really want to sit in one the experience the 12 way seating...btw, reserve was $3500...just sounded like a maintenance nightmare asnI sort of cruised the forums for issues lol!