: Work is getting nice!

truckinman
10-10-12, 11:21 AM
For the last two weeks I've just been driving a 6 hr round trip at night in the semi and coming home every morning. I'm on what's called a dedicated account now, but even still. I was still usually out all week. But lately I've been making the exact same run. Only about 380 miles. Thankfully, because I'm on this dedicated account, I'm guaranteed a minimum of 2500 miles pay every week, or else id be mad. Lol. But it's nice to be home every day again. Been 5 years since I've had this.

77CDV
10-10-12, 04:15 PM
Hooray for predictable schedules! Your fiance must be thrilled you two can have something like a life again! :)

CadillacLuke24
10-11-12, 01:21 AM
:yeah: Good to know truckinman! Glad you got somewhat of a routine goin'!

truckinman
10-11-12, 07:03 AM
Yup. Hoping it stays this way. Lol. But since I'm the most convenient driver for this load, (I live only 10 min away from where it picks up) it should keep up nicely. It's a brand new Kelloggs warehouse I deliver to, so they won't be closing anytime soon. Been able to work out a lot more at the gym. Trying to lose this weight crap! Lol. Been walking/running 4 miles every day in an hr or less for the past 6 days. Wanna be able to keep up and improve on it.

talismandave
10-11-12, 12:20 PM
Good deal on the job! Congrats on the weight loss too. I am also trying to lose and I know how hard it can be. in fact you have a lot of company on the forum in that respect. Faded Crest started a thread on it a long time ago and it never kept up. I started at 325 and am down to 266. Some of that was from medical issues but now it is about maintaining and losing more. It is now at the point where it is encouraging to see the improvement in energy and ease of movement. Keep up the good work and we can always find and use that old thread as a support group!

I love the Irony that tons of PopTarts are aiding in your weight loss!!!!

CadillacLuke24
10-11-12, 04:38 PM
:histeric: That is funny!

Good job you guys! Keep it up! It's a fight, that's for damn sure, but it can be done. I know you guys can do it!!

I've lost 50 lbs before, but that's cause the ol' man was, uh, encouraging me :D. Gained it all back and then 5 more :doh:

NOW, though, I'm making a conscious effort to lose it all again. ON MY OWN.

Man it is hard. And I love junk food. But I've lost 18 pounds so far, and that crap is STAYING off!

I think we should start a new support thread for weight loss. There we can egg each other on and offer help. I'm working out with one of my buddies, and he is a huge help. He's kept me at it far longer than I would have on my own, and I'm starting to get excited now that I notice those little changes only you can pick up on. :D

truckinman
10-11-12, 05:09 PM
Notta bad idea there Luke on the support thread! And yes I live junk food too. My biggest weakness: Chinese buffets. Lol. A new one opened up just up the street from us a couple months ago. They have the best sushi bar I've ever seen at a Chinese buffet. And yesterday she jokingly said we should go. Lol. Got me really wanting some. Lol

But we decided a while ago that we are only going to indulge in Chinese food once every month at the most.

I've been eating around 1500-1800 cal a day. And when I do my 4 miles on the treadmill in an hr, I burn over 700 of those calories. My main goal is our wedding. And also, once I lose 50, I'm going to buy another jeep cherokee to 4-wheel.

----------

Chrissy made me a really good fresh salad to throw in the fridge in my truck for the week and that's all I've eaten all week while in the truck. She chopped up some red bell peppers, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes. And I brought some vinaigrette dressing at only 30 cal a serving. Honestly, not much better than a fresh salad.

CadillacLuke24
10-11-12, 08:53 PM
Yeah if you can get a good salad that's the ticket. Makes things all that easier. Only 1500-1800? That's good! With the extra you're burning you're at negative calories since your body needs, i think, about 2,000 for normal function.

Hahahaha yeah it's hard to avoid the junkfood. But you do have to have a cheat day ever' now and then. Keeps ya sane.

The-Dullahan
10-11-12, 09:05 PM
One day, I aspire to have a job with a regular schedule. I did before I moved to Florida.

On the positive side, all that being busy, plus a group of unusual medical anomalies and the fact that it is not unusual for me to forget to eat for often two-or-three days at a time when I am busy keeps me thin. I would never advise this lifestyle to anyone.

Luke, I concur, support thread sounds like a plan.

EChas3
10-13-12, 09:16 PM
Glad to hear of your good fortune & effort paying off. Best wishes for continued success!

orconn
10-13-12, 09:37 PM
Support group reinforcement is a real asset when trying to change bad habits. Back when I was trying to give up smoking (for the fourth or fifth time) I joined a drug test program that was being conducted by UCLA. While it was called "Prozac" at the time, it was an experimental study to determine if Prozac would be effective in giving up smoking (thus was before Prozac had FDA approval for any use, much less smoking cessation). The program involved taking the drug, going in for weekly blood test to be sure you were not smoking, and therapeutic re-enforcement. The approval and continual encouragement of your immediate family and friends was also a big help.

Unfortunately for me, after six months of no smoking and being on the program, the whole program was stopped. Not only didn't you lose a lot of support (including your family's because they thought you were cured and they got tired of encouraging you) but you were taken off you daily dose of Prozac and there was no way of continuing on that drug until two years later when it was approved for use by the FDA.

In my case I went along for awhile and then gradually backslide until I was smoking as much as I ever had. When I tried to go back on Prozac when it became available I was not in a "program" and without the requirements of a structured program and the support of my family I found that the Prozac alone did not work as it had before in helping me give up smoking. This is why I think a formal (like Weight watchers) or an informal program that includes peer support gives the best chance for success at breaking habits!

talismandave
10-14-12, 02:36 AM
Interesting, I had heard of Welbutrin (sp?) being used for that but not Prozac.

orconn
10-14-12, 12:41 PM
This was back in 1986-7 and was a joint Veterans Adm./UCLA Med School drug test. I can't say how well it did for other participants (some were given Prozac, as I was, some were given placebos). After thorough medical exam and testing to establish "baseline" numbers you were given a weekly prescription of what became Prozac. you were told to continue smoking as usual for the first week and then to chose a day that you cease smoking altogether. I can't speak for others, but in my case I had already reduced my smoking by 60% by the time my cease smoking day arrived. I had no trouble stopping completely and continued to not smoke for the at least eight months after starting the program. For me, the process was basically "painless"; I didn't experience any real withdrawal from tobacco use or cravings during the test period. However, once I had stopped receiving the drug I caved in to having "just one" while I was relaxing in Hawaii (where everyone smoked like a chimney) and that was my failure ..... being off a set program didn't help me stay off either!

Today they use a different drug from the same group of anti-depressants as a smoking cessation drug. I have no experience with the other drugs. Today I am smoke free, I gave up smoking through the use of the nicotine patch and the affliction with extreme lung disease. I don't recommend the method that worked for me!

CadillacLuke24
10-14-12, 08:17 PM
Glad you kicked the habit orconn. Stuff like that is hard to quit. REALLY hard. Kudos!