: Deep sound

k44rljpl
10-09-12, 11:49 PM
What exhaust is the best solution to get a deep sound and a lot of horsepower ?:yup:
thanks in advance

WRXtranceformed
10-10-12, 11:40 AM
An easy free mod to get deeper sound (not necessarily more horsepower) is to remove the intake silencer. Do a search under my username here and I did a complete writeup on it... there are some videos in there too.

pajeff10
10-10-12, 11:33 PM
I have already started looking for a catback, however, it appears that my preferred exhaust company, Magnaflow, does not make a system for the AWD CTS. Still searching...

Pdabs
10-10-12, 11:35 PM
When you find something awd let us know

blacaddy
10-11-12, 11:36 AM
An easy free mod to get deeper sound (not necessarily more horsepower) is to remove the intake silencer. Do a search under my username here and I did a complete writeup on it... there are some videos in there too. I removed the intake silencer on my '12 yesterday in about 10min.....my ride now has intake sounds that are very much like 1964 when I turned the aircleaner cover over on my '57 Ford... I am betting there is no actual performance improvement but it sure sounds better..thanks WRXtranceformed for the op

WRXtranceformed
10-11-12, 11:52 AM
I removed the intake silencer on my '12 yesterday in about 10min.....my ride now has intake sounds that are very much like 1964 when I turned the aircleaner cover over on my '57 Ford... I am betting there is no actual performance improvement but it sure sounds better..thanks WRXtranceformed for the op

:thumbsup:

Pdabs
10-11-12, 05:29 PM
Just did mine in 5min. Great write up , thanks wrx.

Hammerhead100
10-11-12, 08:18 PM
Just did this. Easy mod. My tip is when reinstalling the air box, be sure to insert the "post" on the front of the housing first. I kept trying to put the box back in deeper than it needed to be until I saw this. Also be sure the rubber grommet is in the hole for this post. Mine had popped out and was laying in the engine compartment. The post can be seen in the 7th picture of the DIY thread.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-cadillac-cts-performance-mods/251447-how-intake-silencer-removal-pics.html

Hammer

alex08cts-di
10-17-12, 11:11 PM
Did this mod also super easy and quick and sounds good also seems like the silencer was already off the airbox and just needed to be pulled out when I took mine off

futurectsbuyer
10-28-12, 08:24 PM
Will this work with an Aftermarket CAI?

WRXtranceformed
10-29-12, 10:29 AM
Will this work with an Aftermarket CAI?

No, because if you are using an aftermarket intake you aren't using any of the stock intake components.

Panzer Leader
11-04-12, 11:51 PM
Re: How To: Intake Silencer Removal (With Pics!)

I read the instructions, they were very well done, thanks! Question, can this part be reinstalled? Or, are the tabs and other attachment points broken during the removal? COMMENT: I do like the sound, would be a great improvement. My concern is that this part is called both a "silencer" and a "snorkel". My concern is that this part might be needed to prevent hydrolock of the engine. Over on the G8 site, some of the GT and GXP owners went with an over the radiator CAI. There was a design flaw and the engines hydrolock. NOT saying this is the same thing, but same type problem could result. So if anyone out there is a tech or engineer would appreciate their comments. Also, I wonder will this have anyother affect on the air filter. And in the long run affect the warranty. Thanks.

arw1510
11-05-12, 12:16 AM
Re: How To: Intake Silencer Removal (With Pics!)

I read the instructions, they were very well done, thanks! Question, can this part be reinstalled? Or, are the tabs and other attachment points broken during the removal? COMMENT: I do like the sound, would be a great improvement. My concern is that this part is called both a "silencer" and a "snorkel". My concern is that this part might be needed to prevent hydrolock of the engine. Over on the G8 site, some of the GT and GXP owners went with an over the radiator CAI. There was a design flaw and the engines hydrolock. NOT saying this is the same thing, but same type problem could result. So if anyone out there is a tech or engineer would appreciate their comments. Also, I wonder will this have anyother affect on the air filter. And in the long run affect the warranty. Thanks.

Yes it can be reinstalled, nothing happens to the tabs. I the the snorkel term comes from the shape of it, but i cant see how it has anything to do with hydrolocking the engine. wont void the warranty. Anything you do modification wise would have to be determined to be the cause of what ever your warranty claim is for

Panzer Leader
11-05-12, 05:14 AM
Thanks. Got a message from one of my friends on the G8 Forum. He said that this part is used to draw cold air into the box. Removing it won't hurt. He further said that the box itself was designed to reduce the sound. Will be interested to see if any 3.0 owners have done this and what was the sound like with the single exhaust. Thanks

WRXtranceformed
11-05-12, 02:10 PM
Yep, I replied to your PM as well. Shouldn't hurt anything or put you at further risk of hydrolock. Honestly if you are driving through water that deep, you deserve to get hydrolocked :P

Panzer Leader
11-05-12, 07:04 PM
Actually, the hydolock problems on the G8s were caused by water being drawn in through the OTR type CAI. But I agree that the water level would need to be high. High water here is a way of life.