: Track days?

gsandhu
10-09-12, 09:19 PM
Does anyone know any track days coming up in texas? Or car meets or ANY special events? I am dying to see another car enthusiast hah

Kmajecki
10-10-12, 12:20 AM
Eagles Canyon 11/3/12 about an hour North of Dallas. Cant decide if.im going to that event or waiting for the next one 12/1/12. What part.of Texas are you in? We havent met up at Kellers on a Saturday night in a while. And of course the big Texas Mile event down south in a few weeks

gsandhu
10-10-12, 12:51 AM
Eagles Canyon 11/3/12 about an hour North of Dallas. Cant decide if.im going to that event or waiting for the next one 12/1/12. What part.of Texas are you in? We havent met up at Kellers on a Saturday night in a while. And of course the big Texas Mile event down south in a few weeks

I'm in San Antonio and ya the texas mile is going to be fun. Also do you know of any where tht I can go to just run my car on the track?doesn't have to be a ctsv event right?

TXAG2004
10-10-12, 05:56 AM
http://msrhouston.com/

dcc8203
10-10-12, 07:54 AM
http://harrishillroad.com/index.php

hunterkiller
10-10-12, 11:26 AM
Im in SA also. hope you come out to the mile.

quikag
10-10-12, 04:32 PM
I'll be at Motorsport Ranch - Cresson on October 20/21st in my Vette. If you happen to be there, stop by and say hi.

Dr. Design
10-10-12, 09:23 PM
I know COTA is on the calendar right after F1 leaves. Thats going to be pretty cool to see a bunch of V's on that track.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

gsandhu
10-11-12, 01:45 AM
I'll be at Motorsport Ranch - Cresson on October 20/21st in my Vette. If you happen to be there, stop by and say hi.

Where is that?

----------

I know COTA is on the calendar right after F1 leaves. Thats going to be pretty cool to see a bunch of V's on that track.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

What exactally is COTA?

----------

Im in SA also. hope you come out to the mile.

Anything other than cars and coffee in San Antonio? Lol

----------

http://msrhouston.com/

Awesome! A little expensive right? 800 for the day?

Kmajecki
10-11-12, 06:40 AM
Motorsport Ranch is in Cresson, TX about 45 mins southwest of Ft Worth

COTA = Circuit of the Americas, its in/near Austin. Brand new track and F1 will be coming to the US to break it in next Month. Track.prob isnt even finished yet but it looks cool so far! Cadillac Experience, V-lab, or whatever they call it is holding an event there after F1

PMac
10-11-12, 09:21 AM
If you're in SA, Harris Hill is the obvious choice. You can either join up as a member, and go more or less any time you want, or check our http://longhornracingacademy.com (http://longhornracingacademy.com/longhornracingacademy/HOME.html), they run driver's ed events at the track. I've instructed with them a couple of times, using my Vagon for giving student rides.

H2R is awesome. It's a challenging track, but there's almost nowhere on the track where an off turns into a really bad day, so it's about as safe as driving a car at high speed can be.

supratovcoupe
10-11-12, 09:36 PM
Eagles Canyon is a great track. Although very hard on brakes. I am a member.
I had the V-Coupe out there once and boiled my brake fluid on 2nd run.
I have to change fluid to Motul b4 I go next time. It was 97 degres that day. plus grasshoppers compleatly clogged my radiator. Ran very hot but no diff. warning light.But I still have to change fluid.Check out a members day and I will try and meet you there If your a newbe you will have to be checked by an instructor first before going solo. PM me if your in. Thanks Mark B.

thebigjimsho
10-13-12, 02:41 PM
What's great for F1 may be lousy for street cars...

Dr. Design
10-15-12, 08:35 PM
Could be. But I would be willing to suggest that most guys would have fun on a track like that. Tons of run off, nice transition turns, wide track, and plenty of high speed straights to let the CTS-V's stretch their legs. FIA regs for an F1 track require they have adequate run off. That does wonders for novice drivers when trying to find the limits of their car without fear of slapping the walls.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

What's great for F1 may be lousy for street cars...

supratovcoupe
10-16-12, 12:44 AM
Agreed....Dr. Design...Hey other than Motul Fluid what front pad wold you recomend for me?? Thinking stoptech..Any bettter pad just for HPDE. I have Brembos on my Supra and they work great...TIA....Mark B.

thebigjimsho
10-16-12, 10:09 AM
Could be. But I would be willing to suggest that most guys would have fun on a track like that. Tons of run off, nice transition turns, wide track, and plenty of high speed straights to let the CTS-V's stretch their legs. FIA regs for an F1 track require they have adequate run off. That does wonders for novice drivers when trying to find the limits of their car without fear of slapping the walls.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

I'm strictly talking about track design, not runoff room...

Dr. Design
10-16-12, 02:55 PM
If you are looking at a nice street/track pad, I have become fond of the DT70 pad from Hawk. They offer a really consistent pedal on the track and street without fade. Most of the Challenge guys are running the R4 for their track setup. Once we are done with the DT70's we will move over to the R4 pad for track use.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Agreed....Dr. Design...Hey other than Motul Fluid what front pad wold you recomend for me?? Thinking stoptech..Any bettter pad just for HPDE. I have Brembos on my Supra and they work great...TIA....Mark B.

----------

This track doesn't look too complicated. There's a nice double apex at T13 & T14 that could be interesting and a decreasing radius at 15. Everything else looks pretty manageable... Granted some tracks are more suited for the smaller cars, but this track screams speed just by the looks of it. The elevation changes look awesome. Nice compression going up the straight and then coming out of T2. This track will for sure be on my bucket list. D3 will have a display for the V Academy in December, so i'll be able to wipe this one off pretty quick. I think anyone in a CTS-V would have a fantastic time with this track. Other F1 tracks, might be a different story, but this track looks like it rocks!

http://image.sportrider.com/f/37208154/146-1107-01-z+new-circuit+track-layout.jpg

I'm strictly talking about track design, not runoff room...

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

gsandhu
10-17-12, 01:59 AM
Great input guys I honestly learned a lot off this thread ! And any mods I should do before I take my ctsv sedan to the track? Some fluids I don't know about? Or anything

hunterkiller
10-17-12, 10:48 AM
Saw you at the dealership the ather day. Ken Batchelor cadillac is sponsoring my car at the Texas mile. Come by and say hi. We plan on having a corral of 13 to 16 V at the race.

gsandhu
10-18-12, 02:47 AM
Saw you at the dealership the ather day. Ken Batchelor cadillac is sponsoring my car at the Texas mile. Come by and say hi. We plan on having a corral of 13 to 16 V at the race.

Haha really?!? How'd you manage to get them to sponsor you? I'd love to see what you have done to your v let me know next time your in that area! Btw how did u know it was me?

supratovcoupe
10-18-12, 06:54 PM
Thank You Dr. Design for advise on pads might be calling you shortley.....Mark B.

CTexaS-V
10-31-12, 11:48 PM
Im a track newbie and planning on trying out Grand Sports Speedway southwest of Houston. Seems like not a bad spot to try out the car and get some experience on a track for relatively good prices. Anyone ever been or have an opinion on that one?

cruiser68
11-01-12, 10:04 AM
Regarding COTA in Austin, the track looks awesome. I know MVPTracktime is looking at a 2 or 3 day weekend event there in the spring. I am hoping to go as the track looks unbelieveably nice. The veteran F1 drivers seem to rave about it. If you are at all interested, go to http://www.mvptracktime.com and shoot Mark an email you might be interested. He is trying to find out if there is enough interest to setup a weekend.