: horrible resonance at 1700-2000rpm

simgolfer
10-09-12, 09:22 PM
after I had new exhaust put in today. Had a dynomax bullet axleback exhaust/muffler placed. Great sound though a bit loud. But teeth rattling resonance. Anyone have experience with this problem? Will be bringing it back in for removal/replacement later this week. BTW drove it without mufflers and sounded great, just too loud for my taste.

neuronbob
10-09-12, 10:26 PM
Yes, i had some resonance with the stock mufflers. It was not as severe as you describe with your exhaust, but it was annoying. All gone with the Corsa axleback.

simgolfer
10-10-12, 04:05 PM
Yes, i had some resonance with the stock mufflers. It was not as severe as you describe with your exhaust, but it was annoying. All gone with the Corsa axleback.

I think the mooing I wrote a thread about a few months ago may have been that resonance only quieted down by the stock mufflers. Will be more vigilant with next instal. Thanks.

buddyg
10-10-12, 09:48 PM
after I had new exhaust put in today. Had a dynomax bullet axleback exhaust/muffler placed. Great sound though a bit loud. But teeth rattling resonance. Anyone have experience with this problem? Will be bringing it back in for removal/replacement later this week. BTW drove it without mufflers and sounded great, just too loud for my taste.

Headers + xpipe + stock mufflers is the best sound with no drone. Sounds stock when cruising and nasty at WOT.[COLOR="Silver"]

simgolfer
10-13-12, 12:20 PM
Got back to the shop yesterday and we decided to add a muffler after the secondary cats and keep the bullet mufflers at the tips since I like the sound quality. Drone is down 80-90% at 2000rpm and virtually gone at 2700rpm. Sound down about 40% overall but livable for the wife now. Will add some dynamat to the trunk to see if I can remove the last of the resonance. Underbody parts already has rubber spray.