: why i refuse to go to the stealership!

Stillborn
10-09-12, 06:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bE4Dh_82kMM

ClarkkentCTSV
10-09-12, 06:24 PM
That sucks on so many levels! I'm glad my service manager is also my neighbor!

dennych
10-09-12, 06:30 PM
saw this on Jalopnik... you always know this kind of stuff is going on somewhere... despicable

CoppeR
10-09-12, 07:40 PM
Thats y GM can kiss my ass with their free oil change maintance program. Im liquid $70 to watch the Oil Express guys do it in 10 min, or better yet do it myself once a year!

Who knows what the hell is goin on when u leave your car there.

neuronbob
10-09-12, 08:02 PM
Slimeballs. That audio greatly upsets me.

simgolfer
10-09-12, 08:17 PM
Not what I wanted to hear a week before I bring my car in for recall work. Will be watching where my car goes the whole time.

Thunder Gray STS
10-09-12, 10:43 PM
Had a porter do a burnout in my car at the last oil change at the dealership. The weather was nice so I was sitting outside, heard the car start in the service area. Then he chirped the tires by goosing it in the service area. I was going to let that go since those floors are kind of slick, until I heard him goose it again and chirp the tires again. I got up out of my seat just in time to see him do a burnout right outside the bay doors. Went and got a manager, who got the guy and marched him into the head managers office. Then marched him over to me to apologize. The porter was subsequently fired over the incident.

MacBuster
10-09-12, 11:10 PM
Had a porter do a burnout in my car at the last oil change at the dealership. The weather was nice so I was sitting outside, heard the car start in the service area. Then he chirped the tires by goosing it in the service area. I was going to let that go since those floors are kind of slick, until I heard him goose it again and chirp the tires again. I got up out of my seat just in time to see him do a burnout right outside the bay doors. Went and got a manager, who got the guy and marched him into the head managers office. Then marched him over to me to apologize. The porter was subsequently fired over the incident.

I'm fine with zero tolerance. What's the best way to prevent this. "I locked a GPS unit in the glovebox."

M5eater
10-10-12, 08:45 AM
I take mine to a corvette dealer, who also service's a few CTS-V's, I treat them like friends, they let me stroll back into the bay, I've even had my opinion asked of the clutch play in a ZR1 (I think he was just being nice, but it was a nice gesture) and only the head tech drives the car, and I don't let the porter drive it into the service bay.. I can walk and start my own damn car.

That way I know; they see this stuff every day. Nothing special here, and *hopefully* since we're not strangers, he'll treat my car similarly.

He did mention it was the only 6MT he's seen, but, we fixed that with a 'test drive'. Ahh bonding with your service tech..

OldRoadDawg
10-10-12, 09:35 PM
Looks like the dealer bought the guys's Camaro back... after the video went viral

Dealership in Camaro-thrashing story buys back car
(http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/dealership-camaro-thrashing-story-buys-back-car-satisfied-221510197.html;_ylt=As5cXM_uc36S2MnJHvfqOJK7f9x_;_ ylu=X3oDMTRtanU4a25yBG1pdANBcnRpY2xlIEZlYXR1cmVkIE Nhcm91c2VsIE1vZHVsZQRwa2cDNDIzZmZlMzEtN2Q0Mi0zM2Qw LTgwMjMtZmM2YjMyZTc5YWM1BHBvcwMxBHNlYwNNZWRpYUZlYX R1cmVkQ2Fyb3VzZWwEdmVyA2E4NDI2N2MwLTEzMjgtMTFlMi05 YWVkLTE0NzczNmQyNWRhZA--;_ylg=X3oDMTNta3FmbTNjBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDYTk0ZjZjMjktNDhlOS0zYzA2LTg1YjEtYjM1ZDA1ZT ZiOGU0BHBzdGNhdANuZXdzYW5kaW5mb3xuZXdzYW5kcmVwb3J0 c3xvbmVjbGljawRwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2U-;_ylv=3)

tdyguy2k
10-11-12, 04:19 AM
I guess I'm lucky in that aspect. Both my brother and my nephew work for a local Cadillac dealer as mechanics. They do all my service work.

MacBuster
10-11-12, 10:59 AM
Looks like the dealer bought the guys's Camaro back... after the video went viral

Dealership in Camaro-thrashing story buys back car
(http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/dealership-camaro-thrashing-story-buys-back-car-satisfied-221510197.html;_ylt=As5cXM_uc36S2MnJHvfqOJK7f9x_;_ ylu=X3oDMTRtanU4a25yBG1pdANBcnRpY2xlIEZlYXR1cmVkIE Nhcm91c2VsIE1vZHVsZQRwa2cDNDIzZmZlMzEtN2Q0Mi0zM2Qw LTgwMjMtZmM2YjMyZTc5YWM1BHBvcwMxBHNlYwNNZWRpYUZlYX R1cmVkQ2Fyb3VzZWwEdmVyA2E4NDI2N2MwLTEzMjgtMTFlMi05 YWVkLTE0NzczNmQyNWRhZA--;_ylg=X3oDMTNta3FmbTNjBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDYTk0ZjZjMjktNDhlOS0zYzA2LTg1YjEtYjM1ZDA1ZT ZiOGU0BHBzdGNhdANuZXdzYW5kaW5mb3xuZXdzYW5kcmVwb3J0 c3xvbmVjbGljawRwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2U-;_ylv=3)

I bet that owner is an a-hole, too.

Sounds like the dealer and the owner are all a bunch of jerks.

I love the dealer's defense: "he drives his Camaro just as hard as we did!"

Stillborn
10-11-12, 03:53 PM
I bet that owner is an a-hole, too.

Sounds like the dealer and the owner are all a bunch of jerks.

I love the dealer's defense: "he drives his Camaro just as hard as we did!"

not the point, it's "his" to do as he pleases. not some d-bag 20 something sh*t for brain snot-nose techs. me personally, would acquire said perpatrators address and toss a brick through his bay window on x-mas morning.

pat2t2f
10-11-12, 05:41 PM
What makes you think D'bag has a bay window to throw a rock through???

WA 2 FST
10-11-12, 07:30 PM
I agree with Stillborn... the owner (you, me/us who drive these hi-po vehicles) can do whatever we want to with them. We paid for the right to drive them however we like. The illiterate techs did not pay for it, and they are certainly not being paid to "hot rod" a customer's car. I didn't get to see the video... looks like it has been taken down. But the line the dealership was giving is pitiful. I'm glad they bought the car back... but I hope they lose a ton of business.

Want to know what real customer service is: yesterday, I had an issue with my V (1960 miles) throwing a misfire code. The shop who did all the work on my car (not the dealership, but the installer of the aftermarket parts) came _to my house_ to diagnose and rectify the issue.

Unless I have an issue with the NAV system or something of the sort... I will gladly _pay_ to have this shop take care of all the work I need done. That's why I didn't mind modding at 300 miles. The dealership isn't going to touch my car unless it is to take it back on a trade.

bobrules
10-11-12, 08:51 PM
didn't the techs discuss committing fraud at the end of the video as well? im sure this is the small .1%, but does make a person paranoid about whats going on after you drop the car off

Airfoto
10-11-12, 09:53 PM
The dealerships don't seem to care is the sad part. I asked the Service Clown ( I only say that after being lied to) to drive the car with the Tech in it and I would show him what was wrong - my problem was a SLOW SPEED squeak, only at SLOW SPEEDS. I told them I thought it was the bushings, because the car had been sitting on the lot in a damp climate for almost a year. The Service Clown said yea we like our customers to get involved, BS on that, that's what we do because the customer knows his car best. Within 5 minutes the Tech had the car out on a 10 mile ride! The Service manager thought that was OK and told me to go somewhere else since I didn't trust them with my car. Their answer to fixing what they couldn't find, was for me to leave the car with them 3 or 4 days! YEA that'll happen.

I also have a Z06 that the dealer hgas never dirven, the few times I had to go on warentty work I drive the car into the bay, they NEVER drove it because of these same kind of stories on the COrvette forum and STUPID TECH's abusing customers cars. The reason they take it out on a test drive as they car it is because that's all they know about the car, sure as hell can't work on them!

Also for you that think your getting something special on a dealership oil change, realize that the oil their using is RECYCLED - at some dealerships probably from other customers cars!

Then there's Cadillac Customer Service - almost as big of a JOKE!

mrkool
10-11-12, 10:56 PM
what was going on in the video? it says it got pulled by the user

mrkool
10-12-12, 09:57 AM
Found a new link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mjBJf0teFE

WA 2 FST
10-12-12, 01:53 PM
At least they bought it back. Part of the settlement should have been to fire those mechanics, but that is really the dealership's responsibility. I would think the fact they were recorded as willing to commit fraud against the warranty department of GM would be plenty to cost them their jobs. Just terrible.

dennych
10-12-12, 09:49 PM
what was going on in the video? it says it got pulled by the user

it was part of the settlement that he would pull the video off