Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2009 DTS Navigation Audio System -- Does it Display Volume Bar and Midpoints for Tone

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
Good afternoon, folks!

This is my first post to the forum, so please bear with me!! :bigroll:

I just purchased a beautiful used 2009 DTS. It's one of the rarer ones, since ithas the split bench seat with the luxury and Bose audio/navigation packages.

Thus far, I've noticed the following observations:

(1) There's no volume bar that shows up, when you adjust the volume control, to show you where you're at?

(2) The bass, midrange, and treble tones don't seem to have a "center" reference mark (the fader/balance does).

(3) The volume paddle adjuster, on the steering wheel, doesn't light up.

My question is: are all three of these normal behavior (I think I can recall a loaner DTS that didn't have to steering wheel controls light up ... which I found kind of odd)?

Please let me know your thoughts!

Many thanks, in advance!! :thumbsup:

See less See more
#2 ·
No, there is no volume indicator, nor do I recall the volume paddles being backlit.

Here is the sound screen on mine. You just have to be able to tell what's halfway between left and right...

Attachments

#5 ·
Thank you so much, Katie!

It's always a pleasant surprise when a company personally reaches out to their customers!! :D

That being said, I have a sidebar type of question. How easy is it for a dealer to obtain an OEM windshield for my '09 DTS? That was part of the deal we made, as the car had a cheap aftermarket on installed, due to a stone chip. Now, they're saying it's virtually impossible to know who the manufacturer of a replacment windshield will be ... even if they bought it from GM! :helpless:

I could see that being the case with third-party suppliers, but I would figure GM should be able to supply them with the EXACT windshield that was placed at the factory. Am I correct with this assumption?? I think they just overpromised, and when they saw the actual cost of an OEM windshield, they want to renege on the offer (I do have their promise in writing, though, as part of the "We Owe" list)

Please let me know, if you could shed some insight into this one!

P.S. Once again, my apologies for straying a bit off-topic, but this might help other members of the forum, too.

#6 ·
:welcome: Welcome to the Forum!

If GM is like most manufacturers, they don't actually make their own windshields - they're supplied by a Favorite Son sub-contractor. But especially since the DTS has been out of production for a year and a half by now, I would think that third party suppliers working to GM's spec is all that there is out there now.

#7 ·
I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it, unless it's leaking, or your Rainsense doesn't work right. You could chip it again tomorrow.

Reactions: Puckhead
#8 ·
Thanks so much for the very informative information (and the kind welcome), Hazcaddy -- that's what the dealer just explained to me, too. :eek:

Also, I'm really amazed and blown away as to how quickly, graciously, and accurately this forum's members reply to threads ... wow!! :cloud9:

#9 ·
Thanks so much for the very informative information (and the kind welcome), Hazcaddy -- that's what the dealer just explained to me, too. :eek:
Also, I'm really amazed and blown away as to how quickly, graciously, and accurately this forum's members reply to threads ... wow!! :cloud9:
Aren't they great?!

Puckhead, please feel free to email me with the last eight of your VIN and the dealer information if you would ever like me contact them on your behalf to follow up on your windshield concerns! I'm happy to look into it further for you, and my email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.