: Installed new 6K White LEDs for my parking lights (pics)

PeteKT
10-09-12, 11:16 AM
They look so much better then the factory orange bulb thats normally in there

Before
and after pics

K9Caddy
10-09-12, 12:03 PM
Looks good! Is there a slight blue tint with those 6k bulbs? Also, where did you get the LED's from?

bagbklyn
10-09-12, 12:27 PM
I have 6K I was thinking of switch to 5K. Wonder if it would match more?

PeteKT
10-09-12, 12:28 PM
Barely any blue, looks very similar to the OEM lights, there from the link i posted in my other thread ill grab it

http://autolumination.com/194.htm

48Dodge
10-09-12, 04:02 PM
I started with 6k bulbs from vleds but they were too blue for my tastes. Ended up going with 5k bulbs. The OE headlights had started turning purple so the 5k leds looked really white. Now that I put new 5k headlight bulbs in the leds look a tad blue but not too bad. One issue I've had with the vled bulbs is they have been crapping out pretty regularly. I've replaced the parking bulbs once already and they went out again. One DRL just went out. License bulbs went out a month ago. I'm hoping it's just a bad batch because I know vleds are supposed to be some of the better bulbs on the market. As of now, the reverse bulbs and mirror bulbs are the only ones that are working correctly.

ELUSIVE
10-09-12, 04:54 PM
I started with 6k bulbs from vleds but they were too blue for my tastes. Ended up going with 5k bulbs.

Same here

2007caddy
10-09-12, 07:03 PM
Looks great, now is a great time to convert the entire car to LEDs/HIDs, I did all interior i.e vanity and overhead lighting, exterior puddle lights DRL to LEDs and fogs and reverse to HIDs......there are two threads that we all jumpeded on in 2008/9ish...provides bulb types, retailers and installations tips etc...good luck and post more pics if you decide to...

stogeman
01-02-13, 05:29 PM
Barely any blue, looks very similar to the OEM lights, there from the link i posted in my other thread ill grab it

http://autolumination.com/194.htm

You kiding barely any blue.... I can see the blue dude and its pretty much blue not barely as you say maybe u need ur eyes checked

hcvone
01-02-13, 05:58 PM
Same here

Yep started with 6k and now they are all 5k.

ELUSIVE
01-02-13, 06:28 PM
Comparison shots I took of the two if it helps:
These are from the fogs.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17964735/5k6k.jpg

Regency
01-03-13, 01:01 AM
You kiding barely any blue.... I can see the blue dude and its pretty much blue not barely as you say maybe u need ur eyes checked

The color output can change when taking pictures... My output always does

jantrio
01-04-13, 06:12 PM
In regards to V-Leds. I have had the same problem with extremely short life cycles. Did the license plate lights and one died 4 months after install. Anyone think this is due to V-Led or the poor quality of aftermarket LED's in general. I have held off doing other light replacements since the thought of switching out bulbs regularly does not appeal to me. All the OEM bulbs in my '07 with 100K miles have worked from day one without failure.

Rob Vidler
01-04-13, 06:15 PM
I installed LED's from VLED and haven't had any trouble.

ELUSIVE
01-04-13, 06:29 PM
I have 0 problems with any of my VLED bulbs in 2+ years.
Contact them. My bet is that they will fix your problem.

48Dodge
01-04-13, 06:43 PM
In regards to V-Leds. I have had the same problem with extremely short life cycles. Did the license plate lights and one died 4 months after install. Anyone think this is due to V-Led or the poor quality of aftermarket LED's in general. I have held off doing other light replacements since the thought of switching out bulbs regularly does not appeal to me. All the OEM bulbs in my '07 with 100K miles have worked from day one without failure.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've got several that keep going bad. The puddle lights and backup lights are the only ones I haven't had to replace. The others have gone bad multiple times. The DRLs have been good for a long time now. I have to get more parking lights from them and the license bulbs are going bad again (about 3 replacements each)

Regency
01-04-13, 08:51 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've got several that keep going bad. The puddle lights and backup lights are the only ones I haven't had to replace. The others have gone bad multiple times. The DRLs have been good for a long time now. I have to get more parking lights from them and the license bulbs are going bad again (about 3 replacements each)

Same problem here my license plate lights keep loosing a bulb and looking dimmer on one side takes away from the appearance good thing I live near them to easily get it fixed..

JeffCr
01-05-13, 08:41 PM
Do you have pointers to those threads?

PeteKT
01-06-13, 01:55 PM
Im having a problem with my Driver side one, its always dim, if i hit the top of the light it goes back to full power but then dims out again, Not sure if its the bulb or the wireing harness, any help guys?

jason1214
01-06-13, 04:47 PM
I do business with superbrightleds.com..... and after 2 years+ no failures.

allnetgroup
01-07-13, 11:20 AM
LED's are sensitive to current spikes (common in an automobile with an alternator and variable regulator). I would strongly suggest you use a small solid state "purpose built" ...LED regulator at each lantern assembly termination to eliminate this problem. LED's need to be driven with current, not voltage. The current as a function of voltage can be rather unpredictable near the intended operating point. Since LEDs lack a steady internal resistance, they tend to draw more current than would otherwise be sufficient for operation. As they glow brighter, they get hotter and further decreases their internal resistance, potentially leading to a runaway thermal cycle which ultimately destroys the semiconductor.