Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Cadillac garage door opener

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
This thread has more to do with the garage door opener (every Cadillac has one) than with the CTS-V itself. To make a long story short, if your garage door opener on your new CTS-V will not take or the new entry repeatedly wipes out the previous one, try resetting the motor-head memory and start over. This was the suggestion of the person who I talked to at the number given by the owner's manual and was agreed to by the salesman of the my new 2013 CTS-V when I told him about my difficulty. The problem is, I was told by the salesman and the technician I talked with, that the motor-head memory has been exceeded (six units according to the technician and seven according to the book for my motor-head).

I needed at least five entries (two remote units that came with the door opener, two cars, and one outside keypad). Each time I programmed the motor-head for the new car, the outside unit would no longer work. Each time I progammed the outside unit, the new car would no longer work. I had not erased the 2008 DTS from the motor-head and that plus one or two mistakes by the installer might put me over the motor-head limit of units. There is no indication by the motor-head that the previous entry is being erased. The 2009 CTS-V garage door opener was not effected. Needless to say, after resetting the memory of the motor-head and then trying to program only five units, everything worked fine.

Really old units fixed-code units might work on a different frequency than the newer rolling-code units. That was the problem that I had when when trying to program my wife's 2004 DTS. A receiver that worked on the proper frequency was supplied to me for free (they now charge for the correct frequency receiver) when that problem occurred. Since I have replaced the fixed-code motor-head with a rolling-code motor-head, I no longer need the replacement receiver.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for sharing, and congrats on your new 2013 CTS-V.

#4 ·
I had the same problem when I exceeded the number of units on my garage door opener. I had to clear the memory from the opener itself and only program what I needed. Problem solved.

----------

I had the same problem when I exceeded the number of units on my garage door opener. I had to clear the memory from the opener itself and only program what I needed. Problem solved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.