: Correct tire pressure to run on aftermarket wheels/tires?

burkewm
10-08-12, 05:45 PM
I am a tire noob. Car came with 17" wheels, now has 20's on it, and has Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires. Should I still be running door sticker tire pressure? Couldn't find anything on Michelin's tire page for my specific tire about pressure.

DarkMingBlueSTS
10-08-12, 06:46 PM
I am a tire noob. Car came with 17" wheels, now has 20's on it, and has Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires. Should I still be running door sticker tire pressure? Couldn't find anything on Michelin's tire page for my specific tire about pressure.

I would fill them to the tire specs not what the car says but not to the max of what the tire says

burkewm
10-08-12, 08:14 PM
I can't find the specs though... not listed on the tire site, I have seen some people use the "80-90% rule" and fill it up to that much of the max tire pressure.

B1n2fra
10-08-12, 08:45 PM
The max pressure will ride a lil rough. The recommended tire pressure in the door jam should be fine. 30/35 psi should be just fine.

DarkMingBlueSTS
10-08-12, 09:14 PM
I can't find the specs though... not listed on the tire site, I have seen some people use the "80-90% rule" and fill it up to that much of the max tire pressure.

What does the tire itself say? If it says "max 44psi" I'd fill to somewhere around 36psi...you're just going to play with pressure till you find what feels right...just remember not to go too low or too high

EChas3
10-08-12, 10:34 PM
Never use tire sidewall maximum pressures. B1n2fra was right. Start with the manufacturer's rating and adjust according to your preference.

burkewm
10-09-12, 07:17 PM
Going with 35 thank's guys!