: Just ordered my V-Wagon this afternoon

jsherid1
10-08-12, 05:41 PM
Hey yall--

I am a Noob to this board--I have two Cadillacs currently (a sleeper 1977 CDV, and my wife's Escalade) and just ordered my 2013 V-Wagon today to replace my DD, a 2007 BMW M6 Coupe (SMG Transmission). Will post pics as soon as it comes in--don't have a delivery date yet.

What I ordered:

Thunder Gray Metallic
Black interior
Midnight Sapele trim
Standard wheels
6-speed Manual Transmission

My wife told me to get a "car we can all travel comfortably in" and did not specify anything further, the CTS-V wagon met the specs she set out for me and my specs as well!

Now the wait starts.

simgolfer
10-08-12, 07:35 PM
Congratulations. Going from the SMG to a manual transmission will be a great change.

jsherid1
10-08-12, 07:41 PM
The SMG was okay once you got used to its quirks but it did not offer the driver involvement of a 3 pedal manual. When I first got the M6 I nicknamed it "lurch" as it sometimes had a jerky clutch engagement in light throttle conditions. One thing I will not miss is $4500 (for the part) SMG pump replacements...and they are a common failure on the E6x series cars. I loved the M6 but it always felt a bit "fragile" and overcomplicated. Hard to explain.

----------

I will miss the scream of that V-10, it revved like a dental drill.

Xaqtly
10-08-12, 08:12 PM
I will miss the scream of that V-10, it revved like a dental drill.

But you'll most likely enjoy the almost-200 additional lb-ft of torque you get over the M6's V10. :D

pat2t2f
10-08-12, 08:26 PM
Congratulations and good luck. I should be getting my '13 thunder grey 6M wagon this week. I have been waiting since the beginning of august for it.

Trapspeed
10-08-12, 09:49 PM
Welcome to the party. Sounds like a great ride coming at you. Enjoy!

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-09-12, 04:51 PM
jsherid1, that's fantastic! Congrats! If you ever want me to check into your order status for you, please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and I'm happy to help where I can.

Many happy miles,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

jsherid1
10-09-12, 06:56 PM
Will do, the order should be picked up by the system Saturday if what Sewell Grapevine told me is correct.