: Programmers

rfishoutofwater
10-07-12, 11:03 PM
What type of programmers if any are you using. What is recommended for improving performance and fuel economy. Ours is a 2005 escalade esv platinum with the 6.0. Currently getting 14.5 mpg around town. Would like to get a little better.

the cadillac man
10-08-12, 01:19 AM
What type of programmers if any are you using. What is recommended for improving performance and fuel economy. Ours is a 2005 escalade esv platinum with the 6.0. Currently getting 14.5 mpg around town. Would like to get a little better.

That isn't bad if you have the all wheel drive
I average 13.5 at the lowest sometime less depending on the conditions(e.g stop and go triffic)

Black88GTA
10-08-12, 01:42 AM

I used a Diablosport Predator (http://www.diablosport.com/index.php/) on mine ('03 AWD 6.0L). It definitely woke the truck up some, although I haven't driven it much so couldn't really comment on gas mileage.

rfishoutofwater
10-08-12, 10:52 AM
That isn't bad if you have the all wheel drive
I average 13.5 at the lowest sometime less depending on the conditions(e.g stop and go triffic)

Yes it's awd. We haven't taken it on a long distance drive yet. That will come this thanksgiving. I realize the 14.5 isn't bad but I'd like to increase that if possible. Especially with the high gas prices. The wife wont fill up as she hates seeing how much it costs to fill. She has a heart attack when she sees how's much it costs to full my 40g diesel tank on my f350 @ 4.20. $160plus at times.

the cadillac man
10-08-12, 01:55 PM
Yes it's awd. We haven't taken it on a long distance drive yet. That will come this thanksgiving. I realize the 14.5 isn't bad but I'd like to increase that if possible. Especially with the high gas prices. The wife wont fill up as she hates seeing how much it costs to fill. She has a heart attack when she sees how's much it costs to full my 40g diesel tank on my f350 @ 4.20. $160plus at times.

Wow of course she would hate my car (79 Chrysler cordoba) 21 gallon tank with a 5.2 coupled to a 3speed it makes my truck look like a Ecno car.

6lbsofSound
10-08-12, 06:06 PM
Hypertech has a green tune for fuel economy. Not going to increase hp much but it might be worth a shot to look into.

jlw7
10-08-12, 10:13 PM
Your truck must be a hybrid I'm getting 11.2 mpg

the cadillac man
10-08-12, 10:17 PM
Your truck must be a hybrid I'm getting 11.2 mpg

Mine isn't a hybrid my car just gets crappy fuel mileage.

rfishoutofwater
10-08-12, 10:29 PM
Ours is not a hybrid. Just took it on a 80 mile round trip and the lie ometer says 15.6.

jlw7
10-09-12, 08:02 PM
I know. I was joking. It just that it could be worse like mine

the cadillac man
10-09-12, 10:50 PM
I know. I was joking. It just that it could be worse like mine

You can't get worse then my car I am lucky to get 12-14mpg highway thanks to the 3speed tranny(and to think I used to drive it as my daily driver luckily gas was cheaper)

But there is ways to get better mpg out of your truck one is driving habits two is weight (those third row seats are heavier then you think)
Third is aerodynamics these trucks are like a rolling brick(and that's putting it lightly) so any why you can reduce drag it will help with mpg.

rfishoutofwater
10-10-12, 12:27 AM
We need to keep the rear seats. I have 2 boys and all there friends we cart around. Plus storing that rear seat is not an option. I was thinking of trying an SCT tuner. Any thoughts ?

the cadillac man
10-10-12, 12:56 AM
We need to keep the rear seats. I have 2 boys and all there friends we cart around. Plus storing that rear seat is not an option. I was thinking of trying an SCT tuner. Any thoughts ?

It should help I know some have a "green tune" which can help I also use my third row seats but remove them when I don't use them(those seats are a pain in the back to lug)it helps some plus I get a lot of cargo space in return I can't say if it helps much on the mpg(I sometimes have a lead foot)