: Center Cap Locks

Mark Edward Morrison
10-07-12, 07:17 PM
Does anyone know of any after market locks for 04 Escalade chrome center caps? I have some after market ones that actually have the Cadillac emblem in color like the grill and have never seen them before so I know that they will catch people's eyes. I just don't want to be in the mall with my family and someone park beside me and get out with a flat blade screw driver and have my cool new center caps in less than 3 minutes... Thanks in Advance!!

TLMC
10-07-12, 09:26 PM
I,ve had gold emblem center caps on mine for over 7 years and never had a problem with theft. I live in south florida and I don,t know of an aftermarket lock for these centercaps.

the cadillac man
10-08-12, 01:17 AM
I would be more worried about the whole truck getting stolen then the center caps(which are CHEAPER)

Carvone
10-09-12, 01:11 PM
I have the new style 22" escalade wheels and was worried about this also. The only thing out there are these http://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Wheel-Center-Caps-Cable/dp/B007FY7ASY/ref=sr_1_sc_9?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1334065499&sr=1-9-spell and they require you to drill a hole in your cap. You can buy the parts a heck of a lot cheaper at pep boys if you want to go this route.

Mark Edward Morrison
10-09-12, 07:37 PM
Thanks Carvone, I will try my local Pep Boys this weekend. I assume you bought yours at Pep Boys also?

Carvone
10-10-12, 11:28 AM
I bought all the parts but haven't installed them all yet. I installed one and was waiting to see if it bothered me before I drilled holes in all of them, I really don't even notice it now so I will probably go ahead and do them all.
The Barrel cables I found at pep boys in the "nut and bolt" area, the wire cable and electrical connectors can be bought cheaply at Home Depot. You could buy the kit from amazon but I have a problem spending $61.50 for $8 worth of parts.
Here is an old thread from this site about the store bought ones, (there is a pdf on page 3 with the instructions if you want them) http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/201108-22-center-cap-lock.html

jnrsesv
10-11-12, 01:08 PM
I use 3M Automotive Attachment Tape. Although not as secure as the cables, 4 small pieces keeps the center cap on pretty tight without drilling any holes. What I am hoping is a would be thief tries to easily pop off center cap and finds it not as easy he'll move on. Well thats my hope anyways.

http://3mcollision.com/products/tapes/attachment-tapes/3m-automotive-attachment-tape-06376-gray.html

CaddyDude10
10-18-12, 09:54 AM
Does anyone know of any after market locks for 04 Escalade chrome center caps? I have some after market ones that actually have the Cadillac emblem in color like the grill and have never seen them before so I know that they will catch people's eyes. I just don't want to be in the mall with my family and someone park beside me and get out with a flat blade screw driver and have my cool new center caps in less than 3 minutes... Thanks in Advance!!

i had those when on truck when i bought it, it was from an auction
when i lost 1 and emblem fell off another, i realized how hard it was to replace
where did you find them at?

Mark Edward Morrison
10-18-12, 08:44 PM
CaddyDude10, I got them on eBay, I can't recall the sellers name but just google 02-05 Escalade center caps and I just came across them. I think all four were like $80.00 something where the dealer sells one for $100. So there not factory but I think they are WAY cooler looking with the Cadillac emblem actually being in color like the grill. Just my opinion..