: CTS Firewall thru wire

Kenvertible
10-07-12, 02:31 PM
I have a 2011 CTS AWD and would like to run a 14 gauge cord thru the firewall for a cabin heater. Does anyone know if there is a factory grommet/plug or a connector installed for this purpose?

garfin
10-07-12, 06:36 PM
I have a 2011 CTS AWD and would like to run a 14 gauge cord thru the firewall for a cabin heater. Does anyone know if there is a factory grommet/plug or a connector installed for this purpose?

I'm gonna guess there is. I remember looking for just such a grommet on my '98 Camaro SS so that I could run a wire from the ECM to my shift light. If I'm not mistaken I found a grommet that already had a wire going into the passenger compartment through the firewall (around the glove box area) and I threaded the shift light wire through the same hole. Wish I could be of more help or specify a location where it (they) might be for you, but keep lookin' - or just run it in to your mechanic. I'll bet he would find it within a minute! Good luck!

Best regards,

Elie

Kenvertible
10-09-12, 11:33 AM
Thanks for reply, I found a grommet at pax door and ran it thru the fender to the strut area. I just wish they made a door/cover for a plug so it doesn't have to dangle at the bumper.