: Rough idle and check engine light...

IvoryWhiteCatera
10-06-12, 10:23 PM
Me and my brother just replaced the valve covers with Saab ones, and installed a new ac compressor. Starts up just fine, but today I started it and the idle was rough and the check engine light flashed for a few seconds and went solid. Don't have a scan tool. Idle is a little rough and acceleration a bit sluggish.

elvin315
10-06-12, 10:32 PM
Check the spark plug wells. They might be full of oil. If the gromets weren't installed properly they could leak oil under crankcase pressure.

IvoryWhiteCatera
10-07-12, 10:56 PM
Check the spark plug wells. They might be full of oil. If the gromets weren't installed properly they could leak oil under crankcase pressure.
No, fixed that problem recently. Went to O'Reilly and had it scanned. Misfire on cylinder 6.

JohnJJO
10-08-12, 02:31 AM
there is wire going to throttle body. make sure uconnect it good ,
also clean connectors

IvoryWhiteCatera
10-08-12, 11:49 PM
there is wire going to throttle body. make sure uconnect it good ,
also clean connectors

It's good. Maybe it's the coil or wires...or spark plugs.

hgqguy
10-14-12, 11:13 AM
sounds like a bad coil to me.
ihad similar issue about 2 yrs ago.

IvoryWhiteCatera
10-14-12, 08:59 PM
sounds like a bad coil to me.
ihad similar issue about 2 yrs ago.

Cylinder 6 is the only one misfiring.

olddavid
10-26-12, 11:07 PM
I just completed the same job on my car (70k) and I needed new wires and plugs to go with the cam seals to get the car completely right. Mine kept saying no. 3 was malfunctioning. I found the oil had saturated the wire to the point it would not clean with alcohol or any other solvent.

IvoryWhiteCatera
10-29-12, 03:27 PM
I just completed the same job on my car (70k) and I needed new wires and plugs to go with the cam seals to get the car completely right. Mine kept saying no. 3 was malfunctioning. I found the oil had saturated the wire to the point it would not clean with alcohol or any other solvent.

Thanks. I'll try that.