: sts-v swaybar install is it hard

cdezey
10-06-12, 05:56 PM
How long should it take ,and what should i expect.

1BadCadSTS
10-06-12, 06:22 PM
Cake

New end links help

You will also need the bushings and brackets for it.

----------

Cake

New end links help

You will also need the bushings and brackets for it.

cdezey
10-06-12, 07:22 PM
Ok so unbolt and wiggle out.

----------

I will order endlinks today,a shop told i had to drop the subframe.
Thanks for the info.

aliskerov
10-06-12, 08:07 PM
Well, it wasn't so cake for me...

First off, remember that the front sway bar on the V has different design for bushings, so you will need different sway bar bushing brackets for the front.

Secondly, removing the brackets on the front is a PIA, and tightening them to speck is even harder (the right bracket on my car had A/C or brake lines running right over the bolts, so something as simple as getting the sockets on took some time to figure out.

I ended up taking my time, painting the bars with red paint, and spending an entire day wrestling them into place. I'm glad and proud that I went through with it, and I'd recommend it; I'm just letting you know that this was probably one of the hardest sway bar replacements that I've done/seen/heard about. If you stick with it you'll be glad you did it.

1BadCadSTS
10-06-12, 09:18 PM
Well I guess if you can swap an LS1 on a 4th gen Camaro by comparison a sway bar swap is cake.

----------

Well I guess if you can swap an LS1 on a 4th gen Camaro by comparison a sway bar swap is cake.

cdezey
10-22-12, 10:15 PM
I would like to know what the differences are between the drivers side, and passenger side bracket placement.

And the lip what exactly does that means. Thanks

cdezey
10-27-12, 01:17 PM
Got it figured it out