: The Stumbling, The Codes and The Solution

venomz
10-06-12, 01:27 PM
PCM P0171/P0174/P0300 current
PCM P1106 history
IPM B0429

I sprayed carb cleaner around the plenum area and perceived no apparent change in idle. The engine runs well at speed but runs like crap at idle and will die. I think I'll buy a new plenum anyway, just in case that is the problem. I suppose I'm not to really worry about the IPM code.

I've been told that I need a complete reseal. If this were related to the leaking seals, I suspect my car wouldn't run well at any RPM. So I'm not worried about that particular issue at the moment.

Anything I'm missing here?

Ranger
10-06-12, 10:02 PM
Flex the plenum with your finger while you spray it. Also check the PCV dirty air line for a good tight fit and clean the TB while your at it.

You DO NOT need a "complete reseal". Someone is either uninformed or trying to get into your wallet.

CadillacLuke24
10-07-12, 01:04 AM
:yeah: Most likely the latter.

venomz
10-08-12, 03:21 AM
Oh. The complete reseal isn't related to this - it's related to the oil that leaks from the seals. It was pre-existing. It was also so minor (as long as I park on gravel or dirt or the like) that I haven't fixed it yet, though I will in time.

I'll try the suggestions in the morning - thank you much.

walliss34
10-09-12, 09:36 AM
Interesting i just PM'ed Ranger on my 99 Deville having an intermittant hesitation, lag, chugging issue. Sometimes it seems to run good and others it might get to chugging and backfire and spit and run like crap till it decides to clear out and then it runs and sounds good. Very strange, and not related to anything that i can tell, hot, cold, raining, sunny, some times it will even act funny coasting downhills like the tranny does not disengage and let the car free wheel, its like the motor hesitation keeps it from rolling free.

sts 03
10-10-12, 03:48 PM
I'm having similar issues with no codes though , I might change the plenum anyways just to get it out of the way.