: squeaky brakes

jmwzone
10-06-12, 02:23 AM
I have a 2012 CTS V coupe with 8,000 miles and just passed inspection. However the breaks squeak bad will coming to a slow stop. Any ideas of what I can do?

larry arizona
10-06-12, 07:51 AM
odd normally factory pads don't squeak, try taking to a spray bay carwash and powerwash the wheels/brakes and see if its just dust build up...... Any way someone slipped on some different brake pads?

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-07-12, 09:22 PM
jmwzone, please let us know if Larry's suggestion did the trick! If you're still experiencing concerns, I would definitely recommend bringing it to your dealer's attention. If you would like further assistance at any point, email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

oneman42
10-07-12, 11:35 PM
My brakes on my 97 GTP had the same problem. I tried this stuff "Gunk - squeal medic" and it worked on a short therm (the magnesium will patch up your discs). I ended up installing ceramic pads and after 9 years they are still silent.
HTH,
George

V-swagon
10-08-12, 12:24 AM
I've noticed the low speed, light pedal braking squeak on my 09 V prior to trading it and on my current 11 V wagon. I just deal with it since its intermittent on mine. It would be interesting to find the root cause since I'm not alone.