Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Heated Seats being repaired (Questions)

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  BlackRavenDTS 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm getting my heated/cool seats repaired soon. The Dealership said the back heater blower was not working and needs to be replaced. Will that also fix the butt warmers/cooler too?

#4 ·
Did you have a problem with just the vented option?

Unless I'm missing something the heated option does not use the blower, just heat elements in the seat. My heat works fine in the front and rear seats with no blower as well as a Denali I drive from time to time.

However, when I use the vented option the blower comes on. This feature only works from time to time. I can hear it come on but feel nothing. Sometimes I can really feel it working but it is usually only at highway speeds. I'm not sure if its function is dependent on anything.

Is this what your car was doing?

#5 ·
From what I understand... a year ago something fried... I smelled something that burnt... then my heated/cooled seats stopped working in the front two seats. The Dealer ship found that these "blowers" had fried and werent operating. So they replaced them and now the Bottom and back part of my seats work again. Very Satisfied.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.