: 16 Days left this year ....

Stoneage_Caddy
12-15-04, 06:13 PM
So whats great things have happend to you in 2004?
Overall for me its been a wonderful year ....

So a few questions :

Who have you met ?

What were the 3 greatest things that happend?

What was the biggest event in your mind ?

What made this year beatter than last ?

This year ive met : Rick Mears , R Lee Ermy , Hurley Haywood, Tony George , Damn near got bumped into by Helio Castroneves (running from a nasty mob of groupies)

The 3 great things were . paying off my credit card yesterday , getting a grant for me to go to school longer , and finding a great job after 2 months of hell after i quit early october, and getting that package out to the troop in iraq (made me feel beatter)

The biggest moment to me was the election ....prolly most of you think the same way

To me the lack of stress has been great this year , not near as bad as the past few years in my book....

So hows bout you guys ? Lets keep it positive here , we got the negeitve stuff over in the politcal forums.....

Sandy
12-15-04, 06:39 PM
Our son made "Who's Who in American College Students" with a 4.0 GPA across the board, cited for involvement and donation of time to raise funds for seriously ill children.

#2. He didn't damage the Jeep.

END.
(You didn't want any negitives, remember....) ;)

I quit smoking, after 40 years. Quit for 9 months & went back. Damn Cigars!

Stoneage_Caddy
12-15-04, 06:45 PM
Thats something to be proud of sandy , you got a good kid there .....Its been damn hard for me just to hang a 3.0 (been flirting with it for a couple semeters )

evilrussian
12-15-04, 06:51 PM
03/25/04 My wife gave birth to our son Alex. :bouncy: He's been putting a smile on my face every day. :D

RBraczyk
12-15-04, 10:46 PM
Sold my car glad she's gone, huge weight off my shoulders

I'm in a fresh new pond of ladies so thats all good too.

Blazer's still running strong at 285,041

Looking into a 383 for the blazer in summer or a new 94 deville....

So many decisions, so little time, so little money.

Looking to get myself a job right after new years.

Got all B's on my report card, best I've done in high school sofar.

This year has been a real change in my life. That I must say. Hope next is better.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-15-04, 10:49 PM
ALL "B"s ???? man yer doin great .....I made honor roll once ....kindergarten was awesome ...

Keep it up , there be money in them grades .....Belive me half my job deals with what money kids can get when they go to college

Elvis
12-15-04, 11:12 PM
I quit smoking in June. Still quit, haven't gone back. I'm only about 5 pounds heavier than I was before I quit and I'm working on that. It's not the weight, it's the flab (which is barely noticeable by most people's standards).

My wife is in the process of losing her job. After 17 years, the bank sold out. There was a chunk of stock options, and she's waiting to hear about the severance package, which should be generous. She thinks she has a line on her dream job--the one that will make her excited to jump out of bed every morning. I hope she gets it.

Lost my best girl (Gracie, the Springer Spaniel) in February after 14.5 years. Still miss her, can't replace her either.

November was a good month sales-wise, but I've had three mediocre to bad years, hoping for a hot 2005.

davesdeville
12-16-04, 01:15 AM
Well I haven't had much cool happen this year.

-I got the 75 DeVille

-I setup and then shut down an internet business and have lived off the money I made until now. Hopefully I'll get my dad to get a job throwing newspapers and then I'll do it (wtf you have to be 18 now to have a paper route :rolleyes2 ), it's about the only job I can get that doesn't compromise my occasionally eventful Friday and Saturday nights.

-I've got too many car related things in the planning stage and not enough money (cross ram FI intake manifold, liquid propane injection, 76CC head swap, new cam, car computer, interior re-do in soft leather or velour and new foam with fold-flat front seat, eventually forged pistons and rods & Potter's upcoming heads)

My 59 year old mom got a degree in fine arts from UNM, I'm going to gratuation on Friday actually. And don't tell her I said her age :suspense:. Plus her volvo recently topped 288,500 miles.

Oh, and I'm gonna put a new air induction system on my friends Corsica. The question is cowl induction or ram air 442 style. I think I'll start a poll on that one.

Ralph
12-16-04, 02:36 AM
Well I haven't had much cool happen this year.

Ditto.

Oh, and please don't shame the 442's out there, spare the Corsica. :rolleyes2 Even though there was less turbulance (than a GTO) with the foreward scoop design of the w-30. :shhh:

It a CORSICA FOR GOD SAKES!! :hide: Sorry, I had to get that out. :canttalk:

davesdeville
12-16-04, 04:36 AM
It's not shaming the 442s. If I say "If you smell.... what the Rock is cookin," does that mean I'm shaming the Rock? No. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

evilrussian
12-16-04, 07:28 PM
It's not shaming the 442s. If I say "If you smell.... what the Rock is cookin," does that mean I'm shaming the Rock? No. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.
Thats true. Supra is an awsome car, even if its wing has inspired so many pesky ricers.

daacon
12-16-04, 08:27 PM
ok back on course .....
Who have you met ?
Nobody that anybody other than other nobodies would know

My Contract was extended
Wife and I 18 years and counting ....
Got my First Caddy

Bo Sox winning the World Series

I lost wieght (about 40lbs total) hoping not to find it :p

Vesicant
12-16-04, 09:16 PM
Who have you met ?

1. No one impressive

2. New house, the truck and catera still live somehow, survived 2 hurricanes in new house with only roof leaks.

3. Hurricane

4. The fact that even though we spent more money than we did last year, everything else worked out. And now we also have a nice new (rented) house.

Adam
12-16-04, 10:13 PM
Our son made "Who's Who in American College Students" with a 4.0 GPA across the board, cited for involvement and donation of time to raise funds for seriously ill children.

#2. He didn't damage the Jeep.

END.
(You didn't want any negitives, remember....) ;)

I quit smoking, after 40 years. Quit for 9 months & went back. Damn Cigars!

im with ya on them cigars man. i smoked those pipe tobacco cigars, man i loved those things! but i needed to quit cause it was a bad habit and i was wastin money so i quit. havent smoked one since May.

got my Fleetwood this year after searching for two long years i finally found one. bought it in May but they had a title problem and the dealer had to keep giving me a temp tag. two weeks ago i finally got my title.

third thing, im gonna be an uncle. baby is due in Jan. my brothers girlfriend already has a baby (well she is two and she is smarter than me) not literally but she can already say her abc's and can count to 20. no joke she can even talk like Forest Gump. if you ask her too that is.

so it has been a pretty good year. got a pay raise a month ago.

plans for 2k5 include:

finishing the Fleetwood, getting a new CTS or a Deville or an Escalade. havent made up my mind yet.