: New to the site

Dan@kachina
10-05-12, 05:51 PM
Hi, just wanted to give an intro, My name is Dan I currently own a Denali and work at Kachina Cadillac in phoenix AZ seen that this site offers some awesome tech so i decided to join. I am not here as a vendor. I am only here as a user. I just found some awesome deals in the vendor section that I beieve we are going to be using.

Thanks
Dan

Rolex
10-05-12, 08:21 PM
:welcome: Dan. Thanks for signing up.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-05-12, 08:24 PM
welcome mr denali man ...you dont have one of those kickass quadrasteer things do you?

Johnxlrv
10-05-12, 09:01 PM
welcome mr denali man ...you dont have one of those kickass quadrasteer things do you?

Just wish Delphi stayed in business. Quadrasteer was one of the best things GM ever had. My 03 silverado had that (truck gone, to make room for the XLR)...and took a trailer to places that a standard truck would not have gone.

Welcome!

cadillac kevin
10-05-12, 10:53 PM
Just wish Delphi stayed in business. Quadrasteer was one of the best things GM ever had. My 03 silverado had that (truck gone, to make room for the XLR)...and took a trailer to places that a standard truck would not have gone.

Welcome!

I've always wondered, besides hauling a trailer, how was day to day driving? Was the steering wheel super touchy?
I wonder if one of those trucks would out handle a typical similar 2 wheel steering GM truck.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-05-12, 10:58 PM
ive driven quite a few , basiclly it should have been and should be standard on all gm pickups ....it was THAT awesome .....with or without a trailer it made everything day to day with a pickup easier ....

it was a full size truck that drove like a civic....though not as fast in a track setting

77CDV
10-05-12, 11:03 PM
:welcome: Dan!

ben.gators
10-05-12, 11:05 PM
Hi Dan,

Welcome aboard!

There is a Kachina Cadillac in Scottsdale, this is the one that you work for? I used to live very close to this dealership, and I purchased different parts for my Cadillac from there.The parts department was like a cave, but good people were working there... It was always funny to walk through the super fancy sales area and enter to the modest, low ceiling parts department! :D

Anyway, good to have you here!

orconn
10-05-12, 11:35 PM
Welcome to the Forums, Dan!

talismandave
10-06-12, 12:17 AM
Welcome Dan have fun at the forum!

Johnxlrv
10-06-12, 01:17 PM
I've always wondered, besides hauling a trailer, how was day to day driving? Was the steering wheel super touchy?
I wonder if one of those trucks would out handle a typical similar 2 wheel steering GM truck.

You could bypass it, but I never did. Dual exhaust was a pain, solved by my muffler guy...stick another single exhaust (lots of new ones from single to dual conversions hanging on the wall) parallel to the existing. Had to do this since the motor that drives the steering was in the way of normal exhaust routing.

One of the best features was the rear wheels turned in the opposite direction around town and in the same direction on the freeway. Fish tailing was not a problem either. Handling was a dream...I had the LT, with adjustable shocks...normally used the Michelin LT stock tires.

Since the axle was wider, you had the semi flair to the bed and dully marker lights that were a dot requirement, between on star, xm, and those lights,I had a lot of crap sticking out of the top of the cab lol

I would have kept, but, with my xlr and a class C motor home, it was not used.

CadillacLuke24
10-06-12, 08:12 PM
I've always wondered what those were like. I'ma have to hunt me one down for my first truck!

Ranger
10-06-12, 08:29 PM
:welcome:

Dan@kachina
10-08-12, 10:21 AM
yes sir I am in scottsdale Arizona,

Dan@kachina
10-08-12, 12:30 PM
I do not have quad steer.. :( that stuff is cool. however I do have the 6 liter so that is a plus not to have the 5.3 or the 5.7

97EldETC
10-08-12, 02:11 PM
What is quad steer? My dad has a 97 Silverado 4 door extended cab.

cadillac kevin
10-08-12, 03:28 PM
What is quad steer? My dad has a 97 Silverado 4 door extended cab.

It was 4 wheel steering available for 2 years? in the early 00s on GM trucks. TV ads showed a truck and trailer on a farm making a sharp 90 degree turn between 2 L shaped fences lining a pretty narrow road that you would have never made without the 4 wheel steering.

truckinman
10-08-12, 03:41 PM
The 2nd gen Honda preludes (the early 90s) were available with 4-wheel steering as well, in case some of ya didn't know. The Denali was not the first design. And I believe it was available from 2003-2005 or 6. Which I'm pretty sure 03 was the first year the Denali package was available on the Sierra. But it was available starting in 99 on the Yukon.

Johnxlrv
10-11-12, 07:32 AM
The 2nd gen Honda preludes (the early 90s) were available with 4-wheel steering as well, in case some of ya didn't know. The Denali was not the first design. And I believe it was available from 2003-2005 or 6. Which I'm pretty sure 03 was the first year the Denali package was available on the Sierra. But it was available starting in 99 on the Yukon.

The preludes were strictly mechanical. Though, quadrasteer was not just a Denali package, it was a 8k option initially, and included a huge alternator and various other items. Idk about the Yukon specifically, but I recall one on a SUV...awesome looking!

cadillac kevin
10-11-12, 10:09 AM
The preludes were strictly mechanical. Though, quadrasteer was not just a Denali package, it was a 8k option initially, and included a huge alternator and various other items. Idk about the Yukon specifically, but I recall one on a SUV...awesome looking!

Did the SUVs get the dually style fender flares too?

MoistCabbage
10-11-12, 10:15 AM
Yes.