: Anybody got their first snow?

orconn
10-05-12, 03:07 PM
They are saying that is is snowing up north, anybody getting their first snowfall?

vincentm
10-05-12, 03:26 PM
No, and dont jinx me, i hate that stuff, its my mortal enemy

CadillacLuke24
10-05-12, 03:29 PM
:yeah: You know what is good....NO SNOW!

No, possibly tonight. Hopefully it doesn't. That would make my evening walk far messier!

thebigjimsho
10-05-12, 05:07 PM
Bring it on.

Submariner409
10-05-12, 05:08 PM
Got some here on Kent Island about 20 minutes ago - nah, waitaminnit - Karen said that's stuff from defrosting the chest freezer........... oh, well.

dkozloski
10-05-12, 05:20 PM
We got a few flakes but it melted soon after. I saw on the news that they got over a foot of snow in North Dakota and Northern Minnesota.

thebigjimsho
10-05-12, 07:19 PM
We got a few flakes but it melted soon after. I saw on the news that they got over a foot of snow in North Dakota and Northern Minnesota.

Seriously? That's nuts...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-05-12, 08:12 PM
14" of snow in Roseau MN, home to the NHL hall of fame (right up near the Canadian border).

Kev
10-05-12, 08:18 PM
Jeez, sounds like a bunch of pubescent girls;

"Did you get your first snow yet?"
"No, not yet. Did you?"
"Yeah! I'm gonna use my new blower on the walks and drive."
"Oh, I'm using a shovel when mine comes. Mom says it's better for me. :sigh:"

:coffee:

creeker
10-05-12, 08:31 PM
I had to mow my lawn yesterday, summer is just hanging on forever up here, water restrictions are the highest they have been in years, almost scary.
everything is so dry.

----------

14" of snow in Roseau MN, home to the NHL hall of fame (right up near the Canadian border).

Sure, blame the canadian factor (lol).

cadi509
10-05-12, 08:45 PM
When the snow comes the seville stays in the garage gets dusted off when needed and I relax for about a month and half (we get laid off in winter) and I take the 4WD dodge ram if I need to go anywhere..... So let it come

The-Dullahan
10-06-12, 01:38 AM
I haven't had any snow in Nevada or Florida yet, no.

Pennsylvannia though, the land of my birth ALWAYS has snow in October. I miss it. Thinking of potentially retiring there in a couple years.

----------

Sure, blame the canadian factor (lol).

When in doubt, blame Canada.

96Fleetwood
10-06-12, 08:26 AM
It is 29 degrees here in Naperville this morning... so I expect snow to hit earlier this year.

brandondeleo
10-06-12, 10:44 AM
We've been floating in the low to mid 20s in the mornings now, but it's still getting into the 70s during the day. Seriously screwed up time of year. It's not too far off, I'm sure. Typically hits us in late October/early November. Considering this dramatic dropoff in temperature we've had lately, it's probably coming much earlier than expected this year.

thebigjimsho
10-06-12, 11:15 AM
I know we're getting cooler here soon. But no subfreezing yet...

Ranger
10-06-12, 08:34 PM
Went up to Mercer Wisc. last Sat (9/29). Weather was beautiful, in the high 70's with fall colors at their peak. Left this morning (10/6) with 1" of snow on the ground. Arrived in summer and left in winter. All in one week.

orconn
10-06-12, 08:56 PM
When I lived on Hokkaido (the norhern main island of Japan) it was not unusual in early Septmeber to go from Summer to Winter in a matter of hours. Once it turned Winter we never saw warm weather again until the "week" of Spring (with its' plastic cherry bossoms) hit in June .... then it was three months of mud! Truth be told we all preferred Winter when everything froze to the squishy, smelly Summers!

I remeber my first Setember there I walk into the club one morning (after mids) for a couple of drinks and walked out in an hour or so to find six inches of snow on the ground!

Kev
10-06-12, 09:49 PM
When I grew up in Santa Barbara, we'd get a bit of snow up on the top of the coastal mountains (tall hills really) above us. It'd stay for a day or two, maybe a few if it was really cold ....

that's all

:coffee:

brandondeleo
10-06-12, 09:54 PM
I remember living in the IE, down in the valley surrounded by big mountains. The mountains would be covered in snow all winter while the valley was nice and warm.

http://pics4.city-data.com/cpicc/cfiles17702.jpg

orconn
10-06-12, 11:10 PM
I grew up in Pasadena and back in the 1950's the San Gabriels behind the city were covered with snow for most of the Winter months. A memory that all kids of my age shared was the day it snowed in Pasadena. It snowed about three inches and we didn't have to go to school that day. It was a memory that all those of us who were natives of Pasadena had in common sort of talisman of our generation!

brandondeleo
10-06-12, 11:12 PM
That picture was taken from the parking lot of Victoria Gardens (only the most epic mall on the west coast) in Rancho Cucamonga. I love Rancho so much...