: Lost a race today

Johnxlrv
10-04-12, 07:32 PM
Bad commute due to a big rig accident in Fairfield, Ca (hwy 80)...took all the back roads, along with everyone else. So here approaches a cyclist...slows down and yells at me "look who's winning the race now! "

With an evil laugh, he was on his way...I laughed for about another 15 minutes...love to be the one chosen for the insult Rolf!...it made my day

97EldETC
10-04-12, 11:03 PM
Bad commute due to a big rig accident in Fairfield, Ca (hwy 80)...took all the back roads, along with everyone else. So here approaches a cyclist...slows down and yells at me "look who's winning the race now! "

With an evil laugh, he was on his way...I laughed for about another 15 minutes...love to be the one chosen for the insult Rolf!...it made my day

That's pretty good! I didn't know anyone else on here lived near by. We are in W/C.

The-Dullahan
10-06-12, 02:32 PM
"Then I floored it, went through the car in front of me, onto the embankment and ran the bicycle over."

I like my version.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-06-12, 04:54 PM
I get that crap once in awhile from them speedo wearing freaks...

Got tired of it , mounted a second washer bottle and motor in my car with a swtich, its plumed into the intake manifold and has a mix of used tranny fluid and 93 octaine.....

now if they mess with me , i take care of the mosqitos for them , with a HUGE white cloud that would make uncle buck cringe

it also works for tailgaters....they think my car blew up and they slow right down ....

orconn
10-06-12, 05:04 PM
I'll have to think about that for tailgater abatement. Tailgating in Virginia is almost worse than the humidity!

The-Dullahan
10-06-12, 05:08 PM
^I've seen this done with aerosol concoctions that spray into the exhaust pipe and blow out thick smokescreens. Actually, I am almost certain there is a namebrand product designed for it now.

There is a long, two-lane winding road (really, two roads that intersect) through the pure, Floridian wilderness near here that I use frequently. It is impossible to see around almost any of the turns, as many are acute angles, plus the terrain is very hilly. Naturally, there are MANY accidents there.

Anyhow, you go around some of the turns sometimes and come across a Flock (Only term I could figure for this) of guys in bright spandex wearing helmets that if they were worn where I'm from, you should only expect to be robbed and beaten, all on their fancy, richboy bicycles, taking up about two car-lengths, because they refuse to simply ride single file.

Now, I have no problem with sharing the road, but there is no real reason why you are riding a bike on THIS stretch of roadway. It is dangerous, you're clearly not coming from/going to work (Too far in the country anyhow) and all you're doing is holding up traffic. These people tend to get VERY mad when you make a perfectly legal passing maneuver, as if it is some sort of insult for an automobile to pass them and I am instigating something. I once had one chuck a bottle at my car. I thrust the front end of my car into their lane and instantly hit the brakes, while they piled up on one another behind me, avoiding hitting into me while one of them (interestingly the same one who threw the bottle) asked "What's your problem, a**hole?"

In the end, they turned around and rode the other way, but first words were exchanged and there was nearly a fistfight. I left, rather disappointed. I quite enjoy fighting wealthy people.

----------

Aha, there IS a namebrand product.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/AUTOLOC-SMOKE-SCREEN-KIT-hot-street-rat-rod-accessories-/00/$(KGrHqMOKi8E3ZEg2YezBN-Pi0D6sg~~0_1.JPG

Stoneage_Caddy
10-06-12, 05:09 PM
works good , the trick is the flow rate ....got a little windshield washer nozzle for the end...but i think a washer tank , a fish tank airflow regualtor and a egr valve swtich from a older gm would work even better

got the idea when i saw a ford truck with a vaccum modulator that went bad ....the manifold started sucking up the tranny fluid and burning it , it looked aweful ....but no one was on his ass

brandondeleo
10-06-12, 05:09 PM
I get that crap once in awhile from them speedo wearing freaks...

Got tired of it , mounted a second washer bottle and motor in my car with a swtich, its plumed into the intake manifold and has a mix of used tranny fluid and 93 octaine.....

now if they mess with me , i take care of the mosqitos for them , with a HUGE white cloud that would make uncle buck cringe

it also works for tailgaters....they think my car blew up and they slow right down ....

That is straight up awesome.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-06-12, 05:11 PM
oh and i want to try 90 weight gear oil next , that stuff smells so bad

EChas3
10-06-12, 06:32 PM
Around here, taxpayers have paid millions for biking/jogging paths but you can guess where the bikes & runners are... on the narrow two lane rural roads. We even had to build a bike bridge over a local Interstate when the road & bridge they actually use is 1/10 of a mile away!

Stoneage_Caddy
10-06-12, 06:41 PM
AMEN

hate bicycle people , if they want to clog up the road and blow redlights and be as belligerant as a soccer mom in a SUV they should have to spend 100 bucks a year for a peice of sheetmetal with some numbers on it like i do ...

they should also have to carry insureance and take it up the ass like i do every month ....

want me to think of your crappy mode of transportation as an equal then pay up or ride that damn trail my plate pays for

brandondeleo
10-06-12, 09:23 PM
It's horrible around the university here in town... Anyone who lives near a college understands. Bastards are EVERYWHERE and they think they own the road.

The-Dullahan
10-06-12, 11:58 PM
Same thing here. While Bikers are easily the biggest part of the problem, it is not just them. I pay property taxes to put sidewalks in all on the road leading into my neighbourhood even though let's face it, none of the residents have EVER used them, they are for the people walking from the side-roads that lead to apartment complexes, but at least now they have a safe place to walk with streetlights for the night time and will not have the potential to obstruct traffic...but wait...why are you still walking down the street at night with a baby carriage? Damn, I love having a PA system.

Also, this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYz_yBmbIw8

Now, these were protestors in Brazil, but I cannot lie and say I have never felt like doing this or that the thing preventing me from doing so is because I am a "good person"...

CadillacLuke24
10-07-12, 08:20 AM
Here in Laramie bicyclists on the road can get quite obnoxious, so much so to where I'm temtped to lay on the horn. The good news?

I obey traffic laws when I ride on the road. There's bike lanes too, which makes things slightly easier.

drewsdeville
10-07-12, 08:37 AM
AMEN

hate bicycle people , if they want to clog up the road and blow redlights and be as belligerant as a soccer mom in a SUV they should have to spend 100 bucks a year for a peice of sheetmetal with some numbers on it like i do ...

they should also have to carry insureance and take it up the ass like i do every month ....

want me to think of your crappy mode of transportation as an equal then pay up or ride that damn trail my plate pays for

I'm a frequent rider, and I believe it is an equal mode of transportation.

For those that think riders should be on the sidewalk - try it once and let me know how that goes. It's just plain dangerous to the pedestrians AND the rider.

As far as the trails, I'd love to stick to them if they weren't being abused by everyone. I've been involved in more wipeouts on the trail than anywhere else. Most of the time, it's from coming around corners and running into one of two scenarios -

- a group of people walking side by side across the entire width of the trail
- some moron walking his/her equally stupid pet on a 10 ft leash that's strung across the width of the trail. A popular scenario is the f***ing mutt taking a shit on one side of the walk with the owner on the other side of the walk, back turned, yacking away on the cell phone - with the leash strung between them.

If I could ride the trails efficiently and safely, I'd stick to them all of the time. However, it's too frustrating and I stick to the street. I don't see any problem with riding the street, though I follow the rules to a "t".

Johnxlrv
10-07-12, 09:07 AM
Back some time ago, "critical mass" was big in SF...basically a group of cyclists who purposely tied up traffic. Bottom line is that cyclists share a road designed for motor vehicles. I guess we motorists should spend some time in the bike lanes and bike paths!

There is almost no curvy road in my area that isn't totally taken up by a group of cyclists who seem intent on owning the road.

But, I guess I could not go calling them rich snobs...at least when I was in my V with the top down!

Stoneage_Caddy
10-07-12, 09:18 AM
no the sidewalk is impossbile , i rode once upon a time before my internal combustion engine addiction set in.

bumps , people , kids camped out on it , tree roots , sinkholes , old peoples ceramic statues , toys , cars parked on it ....

i rode the trail , the pavement was far smoother then any street and fewer stops. I would ride from st pete to tarpon springs 3 times a week ....I guess the susan g coleman crew took that over .

bicycles on the road were not a problem untill a few years ago when al gore said it was ok to go to war with us because he invented the internet and global warming. they arent there to ride , just protest the automobile. Sure we pollute , but why dont you ride the things in the fossil fuel powerplant lot that turns my oranges black before i can pick them off the tree....

ok now that i have offended brest cancer and democrats here is my disclaimer .....

Susan Coleman , I hate you and your people becuse last year , me and my girl turned up to one of your walks. We were broke and couldnt pay the 300 dollar entry fee. We thought we could just walk and show our support , but unless you got money , you dont care....

Al gore and company....you drive your priuses in my damn way all day every day. You make 17 diffrrent trips around town insated of one round trip taking care of all your needs like the rest of us do. The plant that makes the batterys for your goofy looking car has killed everything for miles around it. Evrytime you and your prius turn up in a parkinglot you throw your trash out of your car and onto the pavement , while driving some "Earth saving car". Thankx for making sure i buy cfl bulbs , becuse now i know when i shove one up your arse youll get a little mercury with your shards....I dont need to spend 13 bucks on a bulb , i instaed came up with a awesome idea , i turn it off when i dont use it ....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-07-12, 10:00 AM
​Stoney FTW!

Stoneage_Caddy
10-07-12, 10:45 AM
i have rage issues .....just last week i stole the keys out of the culligan mans truck....
bastard ran a red light then followed me into a gas station....then yelled at me ....i didnt even honk at him ....he just was yelling how i was in HIS way....I informed him of him running a red light and asked about the other cars that honked at him...I got a "**** you ***" , i may not be one but hey , might as well win one for those guys

so....while he was putting gas in it , i went thru the pass side , removed the keys and bured them 10 miles up the road in a cow pasture ....

now he can explain to his boss where the keys went and why hes stuck at a gas station

talismandave
10-07-12, 10:57 AM
The funniest part of the "green" cyclist movement is how they are driving up emissions. One bike in the traffic lane going 10 MPH lower than the speed limit, with 10-20 cars behind it running slower and therefore longer than they normally would. Or my personal favorite, dozens of rush hour cars sitting idling at all of the places where the bike paths cross the roads waiting for a bike to go across!

The-Dullahan
10-07-12, 11:02 AM
I'm a frequent rider, and I believe it is an equal mode of transportation.

For those that think riders should be on the sidewalk - try it once and let me know how that goes. It's just plain dangerous to the pedestrians AND the rider.

As far as the trails, I'd love to stick to them if they weren't being abused by everyone. I've been involved in more wipeouts on the trail than anywhere else. Most of the time, it's from coming around corners and running into one of two scenarios -

- a group of people walking side by side across the entire width of the trail
- some moron walking his/her equally stupid pet on a 10 ft leash that's strung across the width of the trail. A popular scenario is the f***ing mutt taking a shit on one side of the walk with the owner on the other side of the walk, back turned, yacking away on the cell phone - with the leash strung between them.

If I could ride the trails efficiently and safely, I'd stick to them all of the time. However, it's too frustrating and I stick to the street. I don't see any problem with riding the street, though I follow the rules to a "t".

The sidewalk to which I refer is not bumpy and a total of...wait for it...EIGHT F**KING FEET WIDE (I don't live in some small Ghetto neighbourhood, after all). My main complaint is not the bicyclists and that they should be using it, just that the pedestrians should. Funny you mention it though Drew, as there is no way anyone would have a problem riding a bicycle on it. Primarilly because it is just that smooth and there are NO pedestrians on it to begin with. Not sure about bike trails. What I can say about that is that the pet owner thing is hilarious, because it is probably true. People who have animals that behave that way shouldn't have animals at all. Honestly, leashes are the stupidest thing in the world, as anyone who truly needs a leash for their dog, just plain should not have a dog, because it is little more than a sign that they have clearly failed at training their animal. Never had my dogs on a leash, nor was there ever a justifiable reason to.

Again, the thing with the bicyclists is that they are riding their bikes in the most douchebaggy way on what is most likely the most dangerous road to choose. It is literally as if they sat down and got a map to plan out "Where is the single worst place we could ride...Ooh, what about here..."

That being said, I would really like to come across a group of bicyclists on either my motorbike or horse. Either one would be fun.

Kad4Life
10-07-12, 11:55 AM
Pan Mass Challenge .

I would pay them more NOT to ride in it .

drewsdeville
10-07-12, 01:04 PM
The sidewalk to which I refer is not bumpy and a total of...wait for it...EIGHT F**KING FEET WIDE (I don't live in some small Ghetto neighbourhood, after all).

The width or the bumps have nothing to do with it - for me anyway. Walks are full of blind spots for drivers on the road (not that they always check them anyway, compounding the problem) - hedge and bush lines that line people's driveways, large, mature trees, corners of buildings - most of the problem with riding on the sidewalks are the incompetent auto drivers who sit across the sidewalk and crosswalks while waiting to turn onto the street from a driveway or intersection - no one adheres to the fact that pedestrians on the sidewalk have the right of way - perhaps because they aren't even looking for them. Most of my near-misses on the sidewalk were me nearly running into the side of a car that was in a hurry to straddle the sidewalk or crosswalk - because being those few feet closer to the street will somehow improve their chances of getting a break in traffic.

Walk width or condition does not address this. But, a quick fact - according to AASHTO, your little 8ft walks aren't sufficient for combined use. A minimum of 10ft is recommended (and I agree). The only 10ft walks around here are in suburban business districts.

At least when I'm on the street, people acknowledge that I'm there. I feel far safer on the street than the walk.

CadillacLuke24
10-07-12, 08:31 PM
no the sidewalk is impossbile , i rode once upon a time before my internal combustion engine addiction set in.

bumps , people , kids camped out on it , tree roots , sinkholes , old peoples ceramic statues , toys , cars parked on it ....

i rode the trail , the pavement was far smoother then any street and fewer stops. I would ride from st pete to tarpon springs 3 times a week ....I guess the susan g coleman crew took that over .

bicycles on the road were not a problem untill a few years ago when al gore said it was ok to go to war with us because he invented the internet and global warming. they arent there to ride , just protest the automobile. Sure we pollute , but why dont you ride the things in the fossil fuel powerplant lot that turns my oranges black before i can pick them off the tree....

ok now that i have offended brest cancer and democrats here is my disclaimer .....

Susan Coleman , I hate you and your people becuse last year , me and my girl turned up to one of your walks. We were broke and couldnt pay the 300 dollar entry fee. We thought we could just walk and show our support , but unless you got money , you dont care....

Al gore and company....you drive your priuses in my damn way all day every day. You make 17 diffrrent trips around town insated of one round trip taking care of all your needs like the rest of us do. The plant that makes the batterys for your goofy looking car has killed everything for miles around it. Evrytime you and your prius turn up in a parkinglot you throw your trash out of your car and onto the pavement , while driving some "Earth saving car". Thankx for making sure i buy cfl bulbs , becuse now i know when i shove one up your arse youll get a little mercury with your shards....I dont need to spend 13 bucks on a bulb , i instaed came up with a awesome idea , i turn it off when i dont use it ....

I like this guy :D Man of my own heart :D

Common sense, as with everything else, applies to bikes. If you live in a college/tree hugger town like Laramie, use the bike lanes and bike paths, and be courteous and smart about it. If there aren't bike lanes, use the side of the road. The sidewalk is a wreck waiting to happen, and the street isn't difficult. Don't be a chump and hold up traffic. That will be an especially bad idea when I get my SS572 Silverado :sneaky:

The-Dullahan
10-08-12, 01:00 AM
See, my sidewalk has no pedestrians. I was actually saying that the Pedestrians should use it instead of walking in the street. However, since we're discussing bikers...

My sidewalk is smoother than the roadway, for certain. There are also not blind spots, as it is well away from the road, so even if I DID have to cross over it, I would have plenty of warning that someone were crossing. Frankly...there is no crosswalk. The roadway has no reason to cross the walkway. They run parallel, some fifteen feet apart, but have no reason to ever cross...so they do not.

There are not people camped out on it, small children...it is a barren thing, following the roadway into the neighbourhood. No houses anywhere near it, as it is not IN that part of the neighbourhood. Thereby, no old people with ceramics, no toys, no kids, no pedestrians, no cars parked on it. It would be an ideal roadway to drive a car down, considering all of this, but since it is beyond the curb and very much lawn, it would also be beyond where a car could end up. Even in an accident (at proper speed limits) I could not fathom any point in which an automobile could ever make it to the sidewalk. Frankly, there is no real threat or inconvenience to riding a bicycle on it...but I never have bikers to deal with here, just on the roadways I already suggested, which are NOT meant to accommodate bicyclists. What puzzles me is the pedestrians on the street near the front of my neighbourhood, instead of using that nice sidewalk we put in...for them and their baby carriages.

Priuses? The production of a single Prius causes quantum pollution across the globe. Even worse, think how bad one would be for the environment if it were left in a junkyard or a field. Ever really LOOK what was inside those batteries?

See, my Cadillac...It is largely made of steel...which is a natural material. Fibreglass and plastic are not, nor are the countless carcinogens and toxins used to produce a Prius or keep it running. Just saying.

----------

That will be an especially bad idea when I get my SS572 Silverado :sneaky:

Snowplow. Do it.

Kad4Life
10-08-12, 02:03 PM
Cape Cod Rail Trail (bike) today .
There is a stop sign for cyclists at every crossing of a road .
I always honk for these crossings during the season .
Almost got T-Boned by some asshat tooling along on his mtn bike listening to his music device .

If he had hit my car I would have gotten out and beat him to death with his freaking bike .

concorso
10-08-12, 05:50 PM

With an evil laugh, he was on his way...I laughed for about another 15 minutes...love to be the one chosen for the insult Rolf!...it made my dayApparently you are the only one who knows how to take things in stride. Thanks for not overreacting. Some bicyclists are actually car guys as well. When people start painting all bicyclists with the same brush, that cant complain when all bicyclists react the same way.

PS. Let him have that win. Youve got airbags and crash crumple zones for the almost inevitable crash, a cabin air filter for the pollution and a drop-top for the rainy season. :)

----------

AMEN

want me to think of your crappy mode of transportation as an equal then pay up or ride that damn trail my plate pays forBicycle person here. Also wear speedos. Ya know who I hate? People like you who would purposely endanger others or pollute the enviroment just to get on someones nerves. When you see a cycler being an asshat, you should be content knowing that your acting like an adult by ignoring his childish behavior. Instead you want to blow out tonnes of smoke causing pollution at the least, a big accident and possibly a cyclists death because he cant see wheres hes riding, at most? You really think possible death is a reasonable result to being a jerk cyclist? If so, you are simply the opposite of equal amount to Gore and Coleman. One extreme action doesnt always need an equal or more extreme reaction.

----------

Cape Cod Rail Trail (bike) today .
There is a stop sign for cyclists at every crossing of a road .
I always honk for these crossings during the season .
Almost got T-Boned by some asshat tooling along on his mtn bike listening to his music device .

If he had hit my car I would have gotten out and beat him to death with his freaking bike .Your car is worth more then his life. Im ashamed to admit we have the same cars.

Kad4Life
10-08-12, 05:59 PM
You really thought I was serious ??
Get a grip mate .

Stoneage_Caddy
10-08-12, 06:14 PM
Hate me all ya want .....
I don't turn the other cheek , when the little pricks dont stop and i have to slam on the brakes to avoid them i honk. Stop signs , stop lights and road rules apply to everyone. Not just things with engines.

But when they spit on my car or do something stupid after THEY screwed up, i fumigate them.
I don't go out looking for an issue , and i NEVER attack unless i am attacked ...They always get as wide a berth as i can manage , I try to share. I DO NOT tolerate being attacked , van , bike , harley, I dont care. I mind my own damn business , and just because one has a bad day don't give one the right to attack someone just trying to go to the store.

But maybe your right , maybe i should pollute less , maybe i will just stop the car and shove there little pedal powered toy up there ass.

If you feel ashamed of the kind of car you have because people who also own it don't hold your beliefs , you should get rid of it. Maybe not own a car ?

Millions of cars are sold every year , and here in the US they don't ask what party you belong to or what you think is right or wrong , they just care your check don't bounce. You can find a dick in every car.

Kad4Life
10-08-12, 07:59 PM
^^^
This .
Seems there's one driving the same model as mine .

Johnxlrv
10-08-12, 09:52 PM
I personally find spandex doesn't protect you much when rock hopping lol. Hey!, that's it!...bike where cars can't go?...left too much skin in those places...so my mountain bike sits...

I never let the carbon footprint conscious tree huggers get to me. It is much more fun turning up the tunes, reclining the seat and smiling...knowing that the bicyclist will do a "endo" while making fun of another...just a matter of time.

So, the next spandex wearing guy that goes your way, yell that his rear-end would look good on a woman (totally straight here)...perhaps then, you will get to see the "end over" accident. If he comes back with a smile, then you get to punch him ROFL

But I digress, driving a Cadillac is all about good times; takes more than a weak insult to put a damper on my good times with the top down. Besides, all of that smoke might foul my supercharger...O.o

brandondeleo
10-08-12, 09:58 PM
I don't know... An XLR-V or a bicycle... I think I'd be in a good mood if I were you as well. :histeric: