Cadillac Owners Forum banner

what is the name of this gear box?

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  wesyder 
#1 ·
what is the name of this gear box in the red line? and should I use WD40, engine oil or other lubricant to the gear? Thanks

G
#6 ·
Yes It's between engine and transmission. I think i spayed a little engine degreaser to the flywheel when I was cleaning oil pan rail. That's why it has a little rust on it. I am curious if I should use WD40 on the wheel?

----------

the teeth look so dry, so that's the way it's supposed to be? Thanks

#7 ·
appleroma said:
Yes It's between engine and transmission. I think i spayed a little engine degreaser to the flywheel when I was cleaning oil pan rail. That's why it has a little rust on it. I am curious if I should use WD40 on the wheel?

----------

the teeth look so dry, so that's the way it's supposed to be? Thanks
That's normal there is no need to waste oil because the only thing that it works with besides the crankshaft is the starter(which is only in contact with the flywheel when you start the engine)

The flywheel on most engines(mostly small hobby and mower engine) is out in the open I know I have two hobby grade cars and the flywheel is exposed so don't worry about it man these things are built to last the life of the engine trust me I know

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.