: Anyone ever use drcolorchip?

mrkool
10-04-12, 06:58 PM
I got some chips on my hood and bumper i am going to get it 3M on the 20th so i am trying to fix these chips before i take it in. Anyone use this before? if you google dr color chip they should be the top pick i heard good reviews from other forums.

Also what is suppose to be Raven Black color code? i think Dr Chip only lists Black it does not say Raven so i am not sure.

Mike02z
10-04-12, 07:01 PM
Yes, it is OK. The directions they give are useless. What I do is try to focus the paint only in the chip. I then wait about an hour and use their solution to knock it down. On my black car I get very good results but you can still see it from 6" away.

surfsalot
10-04-12, 07:43 PM
I used it on a black G8-Gt I used to own, and I was not impressed.

larry arizona
10-04-12, 08:14 PM
Black is black unless it is a metallic or has a tinted clear.

LitiGATOR
10-04-12, 08:41 PM
I've used it on my Thunder Gray; it's okay. Good enough from a distance.

MSOsr
10-05-12, 05:39 PM
Same here...worked very well on Thunder Gray. Used it on my wife's Raven Black SRX with excellent results also.

Give it a while to dry before removing and remove just enough to leave the chip filled. Wait a week or two and then buff out your paint and the chip disappears.

Mike

allinmyhead
10-05-12, 06:41 PM
Let it dry overnight before you try to smooth it out, and don't expect it to look like it does in the add. If you got nuts with the knockdown chemical it'll just pull the paint right back out of the chip and you have to start all over again.

larry arizona
10-05-12, 07:23 PM
your best look is using touch up and staying shallow in the chip. When it goes above the chip it looks horrible.

Scooter
10-06-12, 10:04 AM
I used it on my black 07 CTS-V. I was impressed, much better than regular touch up paint, but as the others have said, you will still see the chip if you look closely. I would buy it again. Not sure how long it really lasts though, since I sold the car shortly after touching it up.

M5eater
10-06-12, 11:13 AM
I've seen this stuff as well.

Basically it's a good way to fill in chips, but it's not going to 'level' it off like in the add.

To be honest, you could probably take it up to your local dealer and they'd fill-in a few chips for you for free or for $20-30