: Noise on acceleration...

John P
10-04-12, 11:59 AM
:(

Please put me out of my misery. I bought the Escalade a week ago after waiting 9 years to get one.

What iv noticed on the motorway (highway) is at 60mph if i accelerate slightly there is a quiet drone, its there for 3 seconds or so after i lift off the gas. It sounds like it coming from a wheel but im scared its the diff or tansmission.

It goes away in Neutral but then again, unless im accelerating it goes away anyway and its only at 50-70 roughly at cruising speed and disappears when i take foot off.

Im thinking hub, bearing , shaft etc Just hope its not diff or expensive.

Please give me your thoughts boys.

John

flyingdutchman
10-04-12, 12:23 PM
Maybe it is this

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/9835-annoying-exhaust-vibration.html

the cadillac man
10-04-12, 12:55 PM
If it is the heat shild on the muffler I used a couple hose clamps to silence it.

John P
10-04-12, 01:47 PM
It sounds a bit more persistant than a heatsheild, Almost like it turning with the wheels. Its not all the time, just every now and then. Accelerate slightly at motorway speeds and its there, lift of the accelerator and its still makes a noise for a few seconds then fades off to nothing.

the cadillac man
10-04-12, 03:00 PM
It sounds a bit more persistant than a heatsheild, Almost like it turning with the wheels. Its not all the time, just every now and then. Accelerate slightly at motorway speeds and its there, lift of the accelerator and its still makes a noise for a few seconds then fades off to nothing.

Could be the tranny or transfer case(if you have all wheel drive)

John P
10-04-12, 03:59 PM
I was thinking, if it was transmission related would it not make the noise on deceleration aswell? It only does it at light throttle at 50-70mph?

the cadillac man
10-04-12, 07:43 PM
I was thinking, if it was transmission related would it not make the noise on deceleration aswell? It only does it at light throttle at 50-70mph?

It can mine does sometimes.

hueterm
10-05-12, 12:27 AM
It can be other things, but be prepared for the diff...mine was.

the cadillac man
10-05-12, 01:33 PM
It can be other things, but be prepared for the diff...mine was.

I always have the diffs checked each time I have the engine oil changed and there is no metal shavings so I don't think it's my diff.

the cadillac man
10-06-12, 10:49 PM
It varies the level and pitch of the noise at different speeds and loads(and I haven't got any play in the wheels) one of my wheels was out of balance but I don't know if that has anything to do with it
The only thing I haven't done is have the fluid and filter changed on the transmission
(Ps I tried to see if I could hear it in park it is still there almost like a pulley bearing or something like that just I ain't sure)

Je357
10-12-12, 06:53 PM
maybe front diff.....check fluid and renew it....helped mines a lil bit.,,

the cadillac man
10-12-12, 09:16 PM
maybe front diff.....check fluid and renew it....helped mines a lil bit.,,

It does it also when I am stopped and in park just isn't as noticeable and when the truck is moving it comes and goes which is odd(I first thought it was the tranny but now I ain't sure)
If you are wondering yes it can be heard in and outside the truck when I have it in park.