: Ticking sound coming from wheel area

burkewm
10-03-12, 04:54 PM
Changed my rotors/pads out and I have a loud ticking sound coming on each rotation of the tires (i.e. happens faster/louder when the car is moving at higher speeds) on both front wheels. Don't think it's on the back wheels as I can't seem to hear the sound coming from behind me when I listen out the window. I took the wheels off and checked, and there is nothing out of place or installed incorrectly on there... anyone ever had this happen before or have any ideas as to what it might be? Don't want to take it to the dealership if I can figure it out myself.

triumph.man
10-03-12, 05:21 PM
this happened to me as well. check behind the front tires, the black plastic protector, so cruds from your tires don't get into the engine compartment, looks like it popped of the body frame it attaches to.

burkewm
10-03-12, 06:44 PM
You mean the actual wheel well itself? It's still attached as it should be and how it was before.

triumph.man
10-03-12, 07:04 PM
yea i meant the wheel well. The black plastic attachment had popped off a little bit from where it attaches to the frame. check closely, as you could easily miss it by not taking a good look. The attachment fits into a slot created into the inside of the frame panel.

burkewm
10-04-12, 09:09 AM
Checked and pressed on it pretty good this morning before leaving, didn't fix it :helpless:

triumph.man
10-04-12, 01:09 PM
sorry to hear it didn't help. for me the clicking sound came from the tires rubbing that plastic part, and when wheels were turned, it showed significant sound as that is when it was hitting the part. Hopefully someone else can chime in

burkewm
10-04-12, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the chime, I do appreciate it.